-Act 1-Scene 1-Modern World to the Taisho Era-

It was a normal day for you. Finding the world get worse and worse while scrolling through TikTok. Enough was enough; the young girl decided. She would go get some fresh air. She would go outside for the first time in months. Y/N slipped her vans on, put her plain black jacket on, took her plain black umbrella, her phone, her headphones, and stepped outside. Y/N lived in a small apartment complex in the middle of the city. She was going to go to the roof to watch the sunset.

Little did she know that would go very very wrong.

As Y/N went up the steps she tugged on her Dino hoodie, afraid that someone would yell at her, as she forgot her mask. Luckily, no one was there. Honestly who would be? It was pouring outside. When she got up to the roof, no one was there, so she wiped off a place on the edge of the building and sat there. Eventually she lost balance, and fell off the roof. She was utterly terrified, but right as she hit the ground she felt no pain. And instead of going to hell, like she knew she would; she fell into the middle of a forest.

Huh? I thought I was supposed to die!!! Y/N thought frantically, plopping down on the ground. Suddenly she realized she had her mushroom backpack.

Wtf...I didn't have this before...

She opened the backpack, surprised to see an extra change of clothes, her chromebook, her phone, and two packs of Scooby Doo gummies, and Caprisuns. (Also her headphones but those were attached to her phone so I didn't count them.)

Huh...I mean I have my signature food now. That's good. Ooo this is my second favorite hoodie. Nicee.

Y/N thought as she browsed through her things. She took out a Caprisun and stabbed the straw through the bottom of the juice box.

Soon enough she finished the Caprisun, and heard something coming towards her. She looked towards the direction the sound was coming from surprised to see...a demon?

Ummmmm...I'm pretty sure those only exist in anime.

"Hey dude nice cosplay!" She yelled towards the demon.

"Cosplay?!?!? How rude! I'm a terrifying demon! I'll eat you alive!" It screamed and lunged at her.

Defense mode kicked in and she kicked it in the balls, then in the face and rolled away. (With her backpack duh)
And then she threw her empty Caprisun at it. Of course, it wasn't knocked out. So it tried to attack her again. But to no avail, as...Mitsuri!? Attacked the demon, successfully killing it.

"Daijōbudesuka?"

"Uh..sorry my queen but I can't understand you."

Mitsuri furrowed her eyebrows together.

You pointed towards yourself.

"Um, American. Y/N."

Mitsuri's eyes lit up.

"Mitsuri!" She pointed at her self.

"Watashi to kite!"

She pulled you towards her.

Ohhh, is she saying to come with her? I mean anything for you my queen.

You nodded and followed her.

Word count: 503

Authors note: Japanese will be underlined. Oh and I'm still continuing mute, I just got a lot of inspiration for a modern reader book y'know?

Gif used: https://images.app.goo.gl/1eRJVqg3k2cSn95g8