Prologue

In Japan, names could have several different meanings depending on the use of kanji. Names were usually well thought upon as, to most Japanese citizens, the meanings were everything.

Such was the name "Kiyoshi."

The name Kiyoshi meant several things, but to him, it meant "soundless."

When most babies were born, they were expected to cry. Crying newborns universally meant healthy ones, as it signified that the respiratory system was functional.

But when he was born, he made no sound. His parents panicked. The doctors tried various methods to get him to cry, but nothing worked. Fortunately, it was found out that he was still breathing perfectly fine when the doctors ran tests, and his parents were at last given approval to take their newborn son home.

After they left the hospital and arrived home, his parents had named him "Kiyoshi" for that very event.

Often, he was teased by his family about it. They said it had to be a foreshadowing that he would grow up into the silent, cutthroat businessman he was now. Even as a child, Kiyoshi never cried or smiled. He rarely, if never, showed any form of expression or emotion on his face. His birth was a story that just would never leave him alone and thus followed him everywhere he went.

Short prologue, but this is just to serve as a brief introduction to the main character and what's to come. It's not meant to be long.

This story does not have an outline yet, so there won't be any chapters for a while, but I wanted to get this out here since I haven't written in a while to get you guys hyped for my next story.

I know way more about Japanese culture than I do Chinese, so this story will be more culturally accurate and naturally written than my other one. No, I'm not Japanese, I just know a lot about the culture. I said it would be more accurate, but I may still make a few mistakes here and there, so please bear with me and do correct me if you see anything wrong! I believe I have a few Japanese readers in my audience, or at least I did with To Forever Love Him, not sure if any of you came here, but don't hesitate to correct me if I get something wrong.

~Outcast