Chapter 1: Beginning

"Holy cow! Haze is so hot, I just wish I could marry him!"

"Girl, look at Chester, he's the epitome of perfection!"

"What are you spouting about? Can't you see that Michaelis was the best of them all? And don't forget about the twins!"

"Hey, Hisashi! Hisashi!" Watanube Yoshi called out his bestfriend's name, trying to gain the other male's attention from spacing out. He waved his hand in front of his face, successfully cutting him off from his daze. Watanube flicked his forehead, chuckling. "You're such a creep, stop staring at her."

"Ugh, what's your problem?" Hisashi asked,
frowning deeply as he tore his eyes away from his crush and looked at his friend who was sitting on top of the table next to him.

"Man, you're the problem here. I keep talking and talking about the my exciting weekend and here you are, ignoring me as you're too occupied staring at Hanamizu. Can't you just confess to her already and start going out?" Watanube complained, groaning as he pointed his pursed lips towards the mentioned beautiful girl across the noisy classroom.

Hisashi whined, dropping his head on his table, ears were still listening to the girls' conversation about a famous novel. "I've confessed to her, about eight times already, and I'm still rejected! Am I going to die alone?"

Hisashi Tadaomi, a sixteen-year old highschool student, is a simple and outgoing boy. He lived together with his loving family in a two-storey modern Japanese house. He have an older sister who's always getting on his nerves, they're not enemies but he hated the way how she teased him about his beauty. He doesn't want to admit it to himself, but he's really feminine. Black wavy hair that was combed once a month, thick and long eyelashes that batted every blink, deep obsidian eyes that held so much joy, natural pink lips, and smooth pale skin. He was sometimes mistaken as a short-haired girl and only to find out that he's a boy if he turns around to glare daggers at you.

Maybe that's the reason why his crush kept refusing to be his girlfriend, it's because he's prettier than her. Even though that's the case, or not, he never stop pursuing her. The entire school knows about it, and were cheering him up to do his best. Yet these past few days, Hanamizu Saiko and the rest of the girls were gossiping about a novel. To be honest, he's starting to get pissed on how she would talk about another man from that story. All of them were drooling over those fictional characters, and he's getting jealous.

Currently, it's break time. Hanamizu and her friends gathered up, taking out their smart phones to resume reading the novel online. Hisashi sat at the back of the classroom, next to the window, and was staring intensely at her from the distance. That's when Watanube came and began talking to him.

"My friend, you might be chasing the wrong gender. Who knows, maybe you're destined to a guy or something." The brown-haired boy, shrugging his shoulders as he shot him a sheepish smile.

Hisashi scrunched up his nose, – it's not like he's a homophobe – he really disliked the idea of having an intimate relationship with the same gender. He believed that boys should date girls, and girls should date boys. Just basic as that. Now thinking about it, he remembered that his older sister is a fujoshi who keeps pairing up men and saying that it's much more better than heterosexual relationships. "Oh, yeah? How does not letting you in of my house for a month sounds to you?"

"Hey, that's unfair!" Watanube widened his eyes in disbelief. "I love your mom's dishes, how could you?!"

"You're just an addition of plate to wash, I'm getting sick of being the house's dishwasher. Why not nee-chan do it instead?" The black-haired boy complained, pouting his lips as he raised his head, and continued to stare at his crush from afar.