|Nine|

My phone rings as I walked outve the conference room where I presented my next budget for the resort.

I'm planning on getting installation for a kids club around here. Something for every age group.
Its been approved and we have more than enough budget for it, so I need to arrange for a construction company that can be reachable within the budget of the resort.

I run my hand through my loose curled hair that cascades down my chest and waist as I picked up the call.

"Sophie Kings speaking" I say in my usual business monotone.

"Hello Sophia. Its Jeff. Jake and Jaxon's teacher" I frowned.

"Are the boys OK?did something happen?" I asked all too quickly as Janet gives me a worried look.

She's always been attached to the boys.
I hand her the files and blueprints of the new hotel building as she walks back to my office.

"No, no. Non of that sort. The boys are fine. But Jaxon had a bit difficulty breathing in gym class and so I wanted to ask if he has asthma or any special pills to take. Is everything alright at home?" He asks.

"Everything is fine Jeffrey. I mean, Mr Larson. Should I come pick him up from school?" I asked again as I walked to the closed elevator and waited for it to open.

"No its fine. The nurse says,he's not having enough sleep and has been missing out meals and stuff. Should I be worried,is everything OK at home?" He asks again.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. Its just.....I....I don't know how to raise them like boys. They need a father and I'm afraid my love isn't enough for them....." I can't stop my tears that fall freely down my cheeks as I fast walk down the hallway and have a seat against the window spot holding my face.

"Hey,Sophie don't say that. Look I---"

"I'm sorry, this is so out of context. I have to go Mr Larson" I said as I cut the call, he was still saying something.

Am I good mother to my boys?!what if they find another woman and start calling them mommy?!

I wipe my tears as I hear my name being called.

"Sophia?you OK?" I look up at one of my team members.

Luke.

He came from Australia. Sandy blonde hair, bright blue eyes,tall, tan skin complexion and a smile that could melt the heart of high school and college girls.

But of course I'm not too close with him. I don't think I'll ever trust men after what happened between Sebastian and I ,10 years ago

"Yeah. I'm fine" I said wiping away my tears.

"Its OK. Come ere" he says pulling me into a hug.

"Here you go" he says handing me his pocket hangardchief.

I laugh a little amidst crying as I wipe my tears away.
He still has his hands on my lower back holding me and I  uncomfortable so I step away from him.

A hurt look covers his face as he sees me pull away from him but he covers it up with a sad smile.

"Talk to me Soph" he says and takes ahold of my hand as he pulls me to sit next to him.

He loosens up his tie, as he waits patiently for me.

"I.....its nothing. Just some complications with the boys is all" I say.

"Come on Sophie. Don't give me that shit" he says and I sigh.

"I......what if I'm not being a good enough mom to the boys?I mean, I can't teach them boys stuff. Like what happens if they meet a girl or boy they might like?how am I suppose to teach them how to approach the person they have a crush on? What if someone's bullying them?do I teach my boys to fight back,or just come home and tell me? What about their soccer games?whose to give them boy pep talk? All I do is scream my lungs out from the bleachers when they've got the ball and stuff..... I mean,do they even have pep talks?!what happens when they're nervous for an exam or something?or when that time comes when they have a man to man talk?! Or talking about treating about the person they care about? What if I say something sensitive?!!   " I ask, more like ramble on... He gives me a bewildered look.

"Sophie, listen to yourself when you speak. You care about all these little things. They all matter so much to you that it makes you cry and become so nervous, which shows you care about them...a lot. Pep talks?man to man talk?safe sex talk? Babe,they're only 8, not 18, you think way too much into this. When the time comes,you'll know what to say. You're really smart, you'll know what to say, I can guarantee that...
You are the best mom those boys could ever ask for. You're so gentle and kind yet firm and smart. You care about them so much and you love them so much,and that's all that matters. But if you still need help in that department, I'm always free to help you with the boys" he says and I awe mentally in my head.

"Thank you Luke. I appreciate it. I have to go, I have to finish some paperwork and stuff" I said as he nods standing up with me. He shoves his hand in his pocket.
Basically, he still towers over me even when I'm in heels.

*sigh* the life of a midget.