Chapter 3 : Reunion

Japan headed to the kitchen, grabbing vegetables.

"...It's weird...these are fresh....But I suppose it's good news."

He left and headed to the other corridor. The mansion was silent again, and he was actually reassured Caroline was with Germany. They were hidden after all.

Reaching the toilet room to grab water from the sink, something hit him. He still was having pain from the previous battle. It was not normal.

"....I wonder..maybe I'm really becoming too old ? ...As a Nation, I'm above adult. ...I'm really a damaged grandpa."

He grumbled, filling one of his old empty bottle with water.

Leaving the bathroom, he noticed another door nearby. The door the monster was blocking before, it was open.

He took careful steps in, the light was off. He found the switch and turned it on, as the monster was in front of him and tried to grab him again.

This time, he immediately pulled out his katana and cut the big arm furiously.

The monster showed no sign of pain and tried to punch the Nation, as he jumped up and pulled out old charms. They glowed, and black fire attacked the hideous creature, that recoiled and vanished.

Japan was silent, his "heart" was beating fast as he calmed down slowly.

"...This time...I managed to take no damages...but what is this thing ?....I really should hurry."

He found a key on the floor again and rushed to the second floor. He was worried about Prussia and Amelia, and was hoping they were together. After all, Amelia was a human. She was more vulnerable.

He reached the new bedroom and locked the door behind him, just in case. He could see Prussia, who was back to him.

But no traces of Amelia.

He approached him and tapped his shoulder. The other Nation turned away brutally.

"Who's there ?!

-Calm down ! It's me."

Prussia made a relieved sigh, putting his sword aside.

"...My bad.

-Are you alright ?"

Prussia grabbed Japan by the shoulders.

"Dude, listen to me !! Didn't you see a monster ?! I sure as hell did !! A gross, naked, scone colored monster !!"

Japan remained silent as Prussia was panicked even more.

"I don't lie !! I saw it !! The humans and Germany did too !!

-I believe you."

Prussia released Japan and sighed, holding his head.

"Before I could understand, I ended up here. ..I don't know what happened to the humans and West. ...I sound crazy, right ?

-No. I saw it too. ...Or else, we're both crazy.

-S-seriously, what is that thing ?! What happened to West ?! What happened to America's precious ones ?!

-Please, calm down. Your brother is safe, and I found Caroline-chan.

-You found West ?! Is he okay ?!"

Japan nodded, Prussia made another long relief sigh.

"I didn't find Amelia-san yet, however. ...Do you have any idea where she could be ?