Give Me Another Chance

(lmao let's all just pretend that thailand has winter, ok? thankies ><)

2312 CHAPTER 031

27th, November

Win waited for Bright to come there in his room  The now lanky boy was so anxious, how should he tell him, how to express his feelings or even what to say? But most important... What will be the older's reaction? Should he just apologize first? And then confess? Wim didn't know what to do, and it's not like he could decide later since he didn't have much time to think about it.

The boy slowly got up from his bed with a few pants, trying to support his body by grabbing the headboard as he then sat on his wheelchair. He then grabbed the lever and moved towards the window. Win glanced outside. It was snowing, the streets were already covered in white. Some of them where decorated in Christmas ornaments too. It was probably the first snow of the year.

Down at the hospital's yard, there were kids playing hide and seek, while others simply were throwing snowballs to each other. Young adults, like Win himself, and elders who could not move freely anymore, were just enjoying the nice and peaceful view.

Staying at the hospital wasn't bad after all, the boy thought. But there was this one difference, between those patients and himself; One of them would never get out.

A gentle knock at the door was heard and Win turned his head, staring at the clock across the wall before answering. It was still early, it must be Bright. He's finally here. "Y-yes?" he answered.

The door creeked open and Bright entered the room, holding in his hands a bouquet of flowers, red roses to be exact. At least that's what at first they appeared to be since Bright was standing at a dinstance, away from Win.

"You told me to come but bring nothing but I..." he couldn't continue his sentence when the older suddenly coughed. "It's your birthday after all. I couldn't come empty handed."

Win chuckled, he didn't expect the black-haired boy to make such gestures and then coughed. "Come closer here, P. I can't shout." the older boy coughed once.

The older approached the younger closer, eventually standing right in front of him and then slightly knelt down, offering Win the bouquet as he averted his eyes in shyness. "You will probably get mad... But every flower has its own meaning, and I know you made yourself clear last time, but I still want to express my feelings towards you."

Win's sight was hooked onto the bouquet. Apparently it wasn't just red roses as he first had seen. They were a couple of other- different colored- flowers too, scattered around. Bright must be holding them for a lot of time, didn't he have an allergy? Maybe the cought was because of the flowers? "What do they mean?" Even though the boy didn't showed it, he was so excited but also worried about the other male's health.

"T-the red ones are for love... Because I really do love you, Win, more than you can imagine it. Then the white ones symbolize a new beginning, a new start, a new future for the both of us... Together. On the other hand, y-yellow is for frienship, because you have been like a brother to me, a best friend... Don't you know? Blending all these suggests love emerging from friendship."

Win coughed once again before he could answer. He then glanced up at Bright without saying a word. The brunet then grabbed a red rose and offered it back to Bright, who was surprised by this action. "Then... This is for love."he then took out a yellow one. "And this... You said this and the red one mean friendship leading to love." 

The older glanced at the boy, confused, accepting back the two flowers without any hesitations. Win glanced at him once again as he chuckled, looking at his puzzled expression. "You don't understand? I'm saying that I love you, Bright." The boy then placed the bouquet on his legs as he waited for Bright's response.

The older opened his mouth, but there were no words coming out of it. He was so speechless. Only after a few seconds he snapped back to reality. "What...? But last time you..."

win interrupted him. "I was scared, Bright... No... I'm still scared. I won't live long enough, and you have your whole life to live. I don't want you to get so attached to me. But giving up on you after all these years seems impossible t do for me, w-what to do, P?" he turned his wheelchair towards the window as he glanced up the sky with a smile. "Do you see that? It's the first snow if I'm not mistaken. Does that mean our love will blossom?" the boy questioned jokingly.

Bright followed Win's example and also stared outside the wide window. Indeed, it was the first snow of the year. Hearing Win saying these words were a big surprise for him, he almost couldn't believe in his ears... or his eyes.

How happy he became, hearing that the boy loves him back, but ignoring the fact that this love is probably fruitless. The older's heart was beating fast, he felt like it would burst any minute now. He made a step forward, reaching right behind Win as he then hugged the boy tight from behind, closing his eyes.

The younger boy's heart was beating fast too. Win placed his hands on top of Bright's as he gently squeezed them, soon, tears dripping down his small face. "I don't want to die, Bright. I don't want my end to be like that, I want to live! I'm not ready yet, I-i lied to myself! I'm scared, I don't w-want to be like that, I'm not yellow! I didn't lose weight at all, did I? W-why does my appearance keep changing, I'm normal aren't I? This... This is just a dream. I d-don't want to die... I really don't w-want..." the brunet's voice cracked in between his loud sobs. Brigjt could do nothing but to hug the younger even tighter as he took a deep breath. "Don't think about it, bunnt... I'm sure there is a way." the older is just trying to also hold his tears back upon seeing the brunet break.

He too, didn't want Win to die.