Piper X

Hi guys, sorry this is later than I promised but it's also much longer than I planned it to be. It's kinda two chapters rolled in one. Thank you all for your patience and support!!! Please leave a comment! Now...enjoy!

EDIT: Sorry! I had no idea there were no spaces in between the lines so I went back and changed it all. 

IMPORTANT: Please tell me whose perspective you want to see Percy's memories in because I have no clue.

Piper POV: Chapter 10

Piper didn't really comprehend anything after she opened the doors. She ducked and rolled away from the doors that were being slowly pushed in by the--the things. As she got behind Percy, she saw the demigods lower their blindfolds and outstretch their weapons. Leo scrunched his face up as if he was to the toilet. Piper shuddered, she didn't need to think about that now. The fire flashed into existence in a wash of red and yellow sparks from his outstretched palms. Piper, as the only one of the seven who could actually see, watched as the flames ripped their way through the door and next room over, tendrils of smoke reaching desperately into the roof of the cavern. The beasts, four hulking figures, were immediately caught off guard. They lifted their arms to block out the waves of flames coming towards them and Piper strained her eyes to watch as they panted in pain. Their swollen muscles were singed and soot coated each of them like a blanket; they were, unfortunately, more or less unharmed. 

"Go, go, go!" Annabeth called. Piper turned to Frank and shouted in his ears where to aim with his arrows. 

"To the left!" and "to the right!" She moved him by the doors and cried, "listen out for me!" This gave Piper an opportunity to shout directions at him while also telling the fighters - Annabeth, Jason, Percy and Hazel - where to hit. Piper walked into the room like the floor would give out under her body mass. Piper felt her pulse quicken as she watched Hazel with her back to the group as she pressed her hands to the ground near the crack in the cave. The air was filled with perspiration and blood, even if none was spilt yet. 

"Jason! To the left!" He rolled to the left to avoid a swing at a cut-up monster. Flurries of arrows were shot out from the doors where Frank and Leo were working on aiming at a monster then pulling out to not be paralysed. Leo and Frank were an amazing team, Piper saw. Frank's flaming arrows were aimed at the slow-moving monsters without his blindfold but before he could be petrified, Leo pulled him back and made him let go of the arrow. A plan Annabeth would be proud of, Piper thought. She absently saw Leo's blindfold being slowly blackened from his scorching skin, probably from adrenaline. 

"Annabeth! Stab in front of you, then move to the right!" Somehow, Percy was able to knock one of the monsters to the ground, a couple of meters away from where Annabeth was facing. With Annabeth's drakon bone sword being thrust into the giant creature's neck, the thing died. Its eyes lost the milkiness that came with them as they became a dark brown, showing its death. The duo didn't seem to realise it had succumbed to its injuries as they each slashed the beast until Piper had to say it was over. Piper screamed herself hoarse to Jason, Hazel and Annabeth - where to strike and where to escape the monsters' own attacks - whilst simultaneously keeping a lookout for herself and attacking when she could as well as making sure Leo and Frank were okay. There was something wrong though. Well, not exactly wrong, just weird. It confused Piper as she had never seen it in the Son of Poseidon before. Percy didn't need Piper's help to locate the monsters. Piper supposes she should feel amazement, which she did in a way. But Percy had no trouble leaping towards the enemy with a blindfold on with a face of utter nonchalance, riptide cutting deadly arches and cutting deep wounds. Every time Piper shouted for Percy to move away so he could regroup and get ready for his next attack, he just parried whatever hit the monster swung at him.