08

"Stop, I know him!" Aelin shouted as a tall male figure stepped into the room. "Although, I do wish it was someone else."

"Out of anyone that could've come here, it had to be you, didn't it?" Fenrys sighed.

The High Lords and their courts did not put their weapons down (even though Aelin had said it was fine) because of the fact that this fae was utterly terrifying. He had long, black hair and matching eyes. He was extremely tall - almost seven foot - and had an array of weapons strapped to his muscled body. 

"Is this one your husband? Rowan?" Feyre asked, gulping.

Aelin tipped her head back and let out an entertained cackle. The male crossed his arms and glared at her. Itwas such a threatening glare that even Rhysand cringed. The girl, on the other hand, didn't seem bothered as she ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

He certainly didn't hug her back.

"Guys, this is Lorcan. Lorcan, meet the High Lords and Lady."

Lorcan peeled the Queen's arms off of him not so gently and pushed her away. She stumbled, but caught herself, muttering profanities.

"We don't get along that well. I mean the first time we met, lorcan shoved me face first into a brick wall, but I did threaten to cut off his d-"

Tarquin raised his eyebrows.

"Another high fae that's friends with a human," Beron spat.

Despite the little story of their introduction - and how they didn't seem to get along all too well - Lorcan stood in front of Aelin protectively. She tried to push round him, but he was an unmovable force.

"Don't speak to my Queen like that," he snarled. Beron had the right to look slightly terrified. After a few beats of silence, she grabbed his arm and led him to an empty chair. It was laughable how huge he was. So huge that that he didn't really fit in the seat.

"How is Rowan?" she asked him. Everyone listened to their conversation curiously.

"He's losing his mind. You just disappeared, and then Fenrys did too!" Lorcan exclaimed "and now me. Care to explain where we are?"

"Prythian," Aelin replied "another world."
Lorcan nodded but didn't say anything else. He just glared at anyone that looked his way.

"Anyways," the girl continued "what time does this ball start?"

Helion began to explain the basics, trying his best to not seem intimidated by the seven foot hunk of flesh sat opposite him. Fenrys was stood next to Lorcan, albeit a little smaller, but his presence was still unnerving.

Even Aelin was a slight terrifying, despite being just a human. She had a sassy and viscous aura about her.

"So, how many rooms do you need?" Helion asked as everyone stood up.

"Just one," Aelin replied. They received a few looks at that.

"How many beds?"

She pulled a dagger from her waistband and started picking her nails, completely bored and disinterested. This repeating conversation was starting to wear down on her.

"I don't particularly mind. One is fine; we can all share. Although, we will need two blankets because Fenrys likes to hog them all."

"I do not!"

"You're seriously all going to share a bed?" Tamlin coughed. Aelin crossed her arms, the action seeming to promise trouble.

"Yeah? So what. Lorcan might be a bit big, but we can all cuddle, right?"

The deathly fae looked at her as if to say, I'd rather sleep on the cold, hard floor, and if you cuddle me, then you'll find out what it's like to live with no limbs. She didn't pay him any attention.

"I thought you said you had a husband." Tamlin continued. Gods.

"Why is it with everyone saying that?!" the girl huffed out. She walked over to Lorcan and grabbed the front of his shirt, ready to drag him out of the room. She couldn't do the same to fenrys because he wasn't wearing one, so she just held his hand instead.

"Isn't it cheating to sleep with them in your bed?" the High Lord of spring snarled.

She sighed though her nose,"we aren't wild dogs that are going to start humping each other in the middle of the night!" 

"Maybe not Fenrys, Lorcan muttered. He received a punch in the gut from the wolf shifter for that. Before tamlin could open his mouth to say anything else, she started to drag them out of the room.

However, another fissure of energy rippled over the walls. This time, the courts of Prythian didn't raise their swords, they just stood ready. They knew it was likely to be someone that this group knew.

When the figure stepped through, Aelin squealed in joy and launched herself at them. She wrapped her arms around their waist and they let out a throaty chuckle.

"Husband?" Kallias asked.

The man stepped into view. He had jet black hair and stunning crystal blue eyes and wore a warriors outfit, donned with a navy cape. He looked regal. Royal.

"Nope," Aelin popped the 'p'. "This is Dorian Havilliaed, King of Adarlan."

"Where are we, Aelin?" he asked, surveying the room. Beron instantly stood up from his chair, face a mask of anger. The old man really didn't give it up, did he? The girl thought.

"Another human, really?"

Dorian quirked an eyebrow, looking at the others for answers. They just shrugged their shoulders as the High Lord of Autumn went on a little rant.

"You need to get out. There should be no pathetic humans in the presence of a High Lord."

Fenrys stepped forward at the insinuated threat, but before beron could get any closer, Dorian had unleashed his phantom hands. It seemed as if Beron had been shoved backwards by an invisible wall. The Night Court watched with amusement, but the others with perplexity.

"I may be a human, but where we come from, some have magic," Dorian laughed. Before a full blown argument could take place, Aelin and her court turned on their heels and left.

It seemed like four would be sharing a bed now.