Chapter 16

Y/N's POV

"The world champion... Aiger Akabane!"

The crowd roared as the young champion took the stage. I looked over at Valt and he smiled, things were going to get intense real fast.

"Okay boys and girls! It's time to announce how this tournament is going to work!" Everyone turned their attention to the big screen. 

"The tournament starts out as a round robin! The bladers will be separated randomly into groups of five. The top two bladers from each group will move on. The one seed from group A will battle the two seed in group B and the same goes for the rest.

"It's time to see which bladers will be in which groups! First up we have group A!"

The announcer paused as they shuffled around the participants. Which group would I be in?

"Group A's participants are... Valt Aoi, Shu Kurenai, Free De La Hoya, Arman Kusaba, and Dante Koryu!"

So I'm not in the same group as Valt, but... that means it'll be...

"Group B's participants are... Y/N L/N, Aiger Akabane, Lui Shirosagi, Delta Zakuro, and Pheng Hope!"

"Here's how the battles will work. Each person battles the person in their group once, the two bladers with the highest wins will move on! In the event of a tie, there will be a tiebreaker to decide who moves on. It's time to announce the match-ups of the first round!

"In the first battle, we have Shu Kurenai vs Arman Kusaba! Then Free De La Hoya vs Dante Koryu! Valt Aoi has the bye this round."

"NOOOOOOO! WHY CAN'T I BATTLE!!!!" Valt whined. I shook my head laughing.

"In group B we have the first battle, Y/N L/N vs Delta Zakuro! The second battle is Aiger Akabane vs Pheng Hope!" 

So I was battling Delta Zakuro. I learned about him at BC Sol. They call him the Scarlet Lighting Bolt. Valt was talking to me about him. His bey is Master Devolos. It can spin both right and left rotation. And from what Valt has told me, he's the real deal.

But I still had some time before the battle with Delta which was going to be held the next day as it was already late in the afternoon. 

After the opening ceremony I met up with Valt and Free. And the three of us started walking out when suddenly...

"SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!" Valt called.

Free and I covered our ears. In front of us stood Shu Kurenai. I quickly pulled out a pen and paper. 

"Can I get an autograph please!" I asked with a light in my eyes.

Shu smiled. "I don't think you want my autograph, we're in the same tournament so you're just as famous as I am."

I laughed. "You and I both know that's not true. I mean you're the Shu Kurenai, the owner of the raging bulls!" 

Valt cut in. "You should ask me for my autograph." he acted hurt.

I laughed. "And why should I do that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because you'll have the autograph of the winner of this tournament!" He said cockily.

"Sorry, that's gonna be me," a voice called out. Aiger.

Valt smiled. "So you're finally gonna stop running away."

"Never ran from you, just wasn't interested." Aiger smiled back.

"You're luck we're not in the same group, or else you'd be out of the tournament." 

"That's so funny because I was about to say the same thing to you." He stepped back and pretended to have a vision. "I can see it now, Aiger Akabane defeats Valt Aoi to defend his title."

Valt started laughing. "You have the wrong way pal." 

Shu was starting to get annoyed. "Pretty sure both of you are gonna lose. To-"

Free cut him off. "Me your all gonna lose to me. I was the first world champ. I'm gonna be the world champ again. You're all going down. I'm sleepy so see ya."

"Wait, you better not expect to sleep in my apartment again!" Shu called after him. Only to get a simple "Yeah, yeah."

Aiger started to walk away. "I guess we'll just have to see. After I defeat your girlfriend in the round robin I'll defeat you too. See ya."

It took me a moment to process what he said. Were there any other girls in the tournament besides me? Wait a minute... I started to blush just thinking about it. No, no, no, no time to think about a stupid comment stupid Aiger said.

Valt and I walked to his house. It was starting to get dark.

We talked a bit about the tournament and Valt was blabbering something about teaching Aiger a lesson or something like that. I just rolled my eyes. He was so childish. Getting worked up over the smallest things. Helping others even if it means putting himself in danger. Always smiling. An idiot. 

I started smiling. He looked at me, "What's so funny?" 

"You're an idiot, you know that?" 

He pouted. "Hey that's not very nice." 

I laughed. "Sometimes the truth hurts."

We talked some more, just knowing that Valt is so easy to talk to. He smiles all the time, he's understanding even if he doesn't have a clue to what you're saying.

Whenever we're together, I feel happy, I forget about what happens before, I don't care what happens next. As long as I'm with Valt I feel like I can do anything.

And that's when it hit me.

I liked Valt Aoi...

Thank you guys for getting this story to 1k reads! I waited for this occasion to post this chapter and I think it's pretty good. Next chapter, the battling begins so stay tuned for that! Ok love you bye!!!!