Learning the Truth

"An ancestry potion? Aren't we only thirteen, Dray?" Robin Potter looked at her friend as they were sat with Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnegan and Dean Thomas "yeah, but it's simple to make. We just need a drop of blood, Rob" Draco Malfoy assured, Robin shrugged at her friend.

Robin looked nothing like her twin brother, Harry James Potter, the Boy who Lived. She had soft light brown hair and grass green eyes that everyone said were really pretty, others in their year were beginning to take notice how Robin and Harry looked nothing alike. It was the reason Snape had tasked then with looking at their family history in potions, so he knew his own hunch was right and that Robin wasn't really Lily and James' daughter.

A week later, Robin was sitting in potions with Draco and apprehensive at pricking her finger with a dagger "come on, Rob. It's alright" Draco gently took her hand and gently pressed the tip into her finger so one drop fell into her potion. A scroll then appeared in place of her potion and she was curious of her parentage "no-one is to look until class is finished" Snape snapped, making Robin frown. She wanted to have a look at her family tree and get some answers to the questions she had.

Robin and Draco met up with Dean, Seamuz and Neville after class, Robin only just managing to get away from the so-called 'Golden Trio' who bullied and tormented her relentlessly "so, let's have a look" Robin was sat beside the Black Lake on a lovely Autumn evening and unrolled the parchment that held her family tree and gasped in shock at the names in place of Lily and James Potter:

Krzysztof Lewandowski - Father (Deceased: 2005)

Iwona Lewandowski - Mother

Robert Lewandowski - Older Brother (Born 21st August 1988)

Milena Lewandowski - Older Sister

"Lewandowski? That's a Polish name, they're a really old family, Grandmum was upset when Krzysztof Lewandowski died. They had a daughter who went missing on New Year's day in 1998, she'd be our age now" Neville said "check the name out, Rob" Seamus pointed out the name at the top of the parchment:

Carina Robin Lewandowski (Born 25th December 1996)

"C-Carina is my birth name, b-but I've gone by Robin my whole life?" Robin looked confused "yeah, we need to get you to your family. Your actual family" Dean grinned, slinging an arm around her shoulders gently. For Robin, it proved everything she knew was a lie in reality, she wasn't a twin, she had two older siblings and a mother still alive. Her father, her birth father, had died when she was nine and never found his lost daughter.

Meanwhile in Dortmund, Germany, Robert Lewandowski was tapping his foot as he waited for Mario Gotëz to get out of the bathroom "Mario, hurry up! Jurgen's waiting for us" Robert thumped on the bathroom door "piss off, Lewandowski!" Robert rolled his eyes and coated his hand in frost, then placed it on the wall where he knew the pipes for their hotel room's bathroom were "ALRIGHT, ROBERT! JESUS CHRIST!" Robett grinned as a pissed Mario came out of the bathroom "stop hogging it and maybe I'll pack it in" the Pole smirked at him.

Mario cursed even more under his breath as Robert took a shower "hey Rob, when's the last time you got Owl mail?" Robert poked his head and shoulders out of the bathroom with his hair still wet and a thoughtful look on his face "my last school letter from Durmstrang, why?" He said, disappearing back into the bathroom and pulling some clothes on before walking back out "check that owl out" Robert looked at the beautiful red Liverbird outside their hotel room.

"Hello" the bird cried gently and flew onto Robert's arm "what's this?" Clearly, the bird understood German and had a letter on its leg. Robert took it off and tucked it into his jacket "what?" "Mario, we have to go. Boss isn't going to be happy if we're late" Robert reasoned, Mario shrugged "how..." "Jurgen knows, let's just go" Mario followed Robert out, the bird shifted onto Robert's shoulder and affectionately nipped his ear "I guess it likes you" Mario grinned at Robert.

"She, Mario. I don't know how I know that" Because you know my human, Robert Lewandowski. Your sister, Carina, is my human Robert could hear her in his mind as he and Mario walked into the training centre and he scrambled for the letter he had gotten from the bird that morning:

Robert,

I don't really know how to address you since you're a world-famous footballer and in a different country to myself.

My name is Robin Carina Potter, the 'sister' to Hary Potter, or at least I was until I had a class project and discovered that I am nowhere near related to that egotistic brat. I learned that my father was Krzysztof Lewandowski and my mother is Iwona Lewandowski, I really don't know how to say or even if this proof that I've enclosed is enough to convince you I'm Carina Lewandowski, your lost sister.

Robert took the parchment that was folded inside the envelope and saw the family tree with his parents, Milena and his own names connected to Carina's. He knew the only way to get a family tree like the one he was holding was through blood and broke down crying in the middle of their training centre. Mario picked up the dropped letter and parchment reading the rest of the letter:

If you do believe me, I wish you had been able to find me, big brother. I haven't been treated well by Harry or his supposed family.

What I'm asking, Robert, is can I come home to you, Mum and Milena? I've been away from my family for twelve years and want to come home.

I love you, brother

Robin Carina Lewandowski

Mario looked at his sobbing friend and teammate "Robert?" Jurgen was walking over to the crying striker as Mario handed over the letter to their manager. Jurgen read it over and gave Robert a warm hug "is fine, Robert. She is finally home where she belongs" the German assured him. The photograph showed Robin happy in front of Hogwarts Castle with three boys who she was clearly close with "if only Father could be here" Robert hiccuped, wishing Krzysztof was still alive to see his daughter was finally coming home.