Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Tsunade's Decision (綱手の決断, Tsunade no Ketsudan)
In Konoha, Guy reports to Tsunade and pretends his innocence. Before she can get started punishing him, she is forced to take a call from the Third Tsuchikage. The Tsuchikage informs her that the "secret" Tobishachimaru is visible from several countries, including his own Iwagakure. Although he and the other Kage have actually known about it for some time, they've trusted Konoha to keep its own affairs. However, the Tsuchikage shares reports that there is a large amount of blue fire powder, a powerful explosive that reacts to water, on board. He wants to trust that Konoha will handle it, but he warns that he will not hesitate to destroy the ship if it seems like it will threaten Iwagakure; the other Kage will do the same for their own villages. Tsunade tells him it is bound for the Blood Prison in Kusagakure. The Tsuchikage ends the call stating his hopes that that is true, or else Konoha will be held responsible for anything that happens.

Tsunade immediately calls Rahyō, tells him the Tsuchikage's threat, and asks him to stop the Tobishachimaru. Rahyō refuses. Down in Konoha, villagers can now see the Tobishachimaru as it flies above them towards its destination. Tsunade decides that the ship must be destroyed before another village is forced to intervene. She has Ino tell Kakashi to do what he can but also warn him of her decision. She sends all available Konoha ninja — except for Naruto — to the Blood Prison with the standing order to destroy the ship if it is about to cross the border into Iwagakure.