Chapter 14

Chapter 14
First Command (はじめての采配, Hajimete no Saihai)
The passengers emerge from the wreck of the Tobishachimaru. Although some are battered and bruised — Sakura Haruno heals those who are — nobody died in the crash. When Kahyō emerges, Tsunade orders she be taken into custody because the Armament Alliance's stunt has destroyed Konoha's credibility and caused the Land of Waves to abandon their plans for airborne transportation. Before she can have Kahyō thrown into jail, Kakashi appears and asks to be allowed to decide her punishment.

Because of how many passengers died because of the Armament Alliance, Kahyō should be sentenced to death. However, Kakashi is willing to reduce her sentence to life-imprisonment if she will agree to be the new warden of the Blood Prison, dedicating the rest of her life to keeping those imprisoned there within its walls. He explains to Tsunade how the Chains of Ice work, and how they make Kahyō uniquely qualified to replace Mui, the previous warden. Shikamaru approves of this, believing it will be in all the villages' best interests. Tsunade agrees on the condition that it be Kakashi's first act as Hokage. Kahyō vows to accept this assignment if that is what Kakashi asks of her, so he officially takes on the title of Sixth Hokage.