An Enchanting Agony

His chest rose and fell as his soft lips gently curved up.

Watching him felt unusual. Is this what serenity feels like?

Creases appeared on his forehead as the merciless sun shone onto his face,

carefully crafted by god.

I blocked the light like a bullet. But, it was too late.

Tears rolled down his rugged face as his nightmares returned to haunt him.

Like my own, his heart is also full of wounds.

His face eased as I caressed his disheveled hair.

We were both broken yet complete together.

I despised pain yet with him, even suffering seems beautiful.

----------------------

Clarification: This is taking place post-army. Early morning, Suman is watching Shravan sleep peacefully until the sunlight hits his face. She goes to block it to prevent him from waking up. But, the light triggers memories that cause him nightmares. Here, Suman compares the light to the bullet because bullet would give him physical pain whereas light gave him mental pain. She then implies, by saying both of their hearts are wounded that they are both suffering from PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) from their army life. But, Shravan seems to be having a harder time. Together, they are slowly recovering and overcoming their pain.