𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

RAIN

RAIN. THE YOUNG BRUNETTE FELT THE DROPLETS AGAINST HER soft skin while watching as the caskets were carried in front of her. "Come on, sweetheart," Catherine Wilder, her godmother, said. She placed a gentle hand on her shoulder while leading her along the pathway with the rest of PRIDE. Everyone was silent. The only sound to be heard were the crunching of black dress shoes against the freshly wet grass, and the gentle rain that cascades the land.

With a small nod, a young Stella Valdez walked, hand in hand with her godbrother, Alex Wilder and the rest of the children and women of PRIDE. Stella wasn't used to silence, nor was she used to the sadness that she was feeling. Then again, she was only four years old.

She shivered a bit, leaning her head against the touch of god mother for comfort. Running her fingers through her silky hair, Catherine sighed to herself once everyone came to a stop as the caskets were placed on the ground. To the young Stella, it wasn't feeling like a goodbye. It felt strange, but not a goodbye.

"I, at this time, saw blessings spread around me like a sea," the priest spoke out as Stella stared at the two caskets that laid before her. "Thus, while the days flew by and the years passed on..." the priest continued. "From nature flowing on my soul...I had received so much...that every thought was steeped in feeling. I was only then contented when with bliss ineffable I felt the sentiment being spread over all that moves and all that seemeth still."

"I'm over all that, lost beyond the reach of thought and human knowledge, to the human eye, invisible, yet liveth to the heart," the priest finished off, closing the book he held while the men craned the caskets to the ground. Side by side, as the Valdez's asked.

Catherine sighed softly to herself as she wiped the tears from her cheeks, watching as her once close friends were buried in front of her. Geoffrey stood beside her, looking tall and broad as he placed a comforted hand on his son's shoulder as he tried to remain his composer.

"They didn't deserve this." He whispered to himself and his wife as he stared down out of guilt. "They were good people. They didn't deser-" "Don't you think I know that?" Catherine whispered to her husband with venom in her tone. "There was nothing we could have done..." she added.

Stella looked up towards her god parents as her chocolate brown eyes were filled with nothing but innocence and sadness. Catherine crouched down with a sigh, stroking the young girl's dark locks. "I'm sorry." Catherine said to the little girl, placing a kiss on her forehead. Stella placed her small hand into the palm of Catherine's out of comfort, causing a sad smile to reach the features of the woman.

Geoffrey turned his head away from the two, sighing softly to himself.

"I'm sorry, Dante. I should have warned you." He whispered to himself. "I should have warned both of you."

**********

A/N

Hey! Thank you guys so much for reading the prologue! Plz vote, comment and follow! Also go check out my other fanfics such as my TVD fanfic, my Game of Thrones fanfic as well as my Peter Parker fanfic!

So I have a question for you guys, who's your favorite parent in P.R.I.D.E or who's your favorite character in the tv show?

~Author💚