three

Floor 25

Floor 25

I was quite certain that was V.V. wearing the brown cloak and the blue cap walking by the sidewalk, approaching the docks of the shinheuh. I couldn't see her signature purple-brown hair. Maybe she was trying to hide, maybe it wasn't her, I wasn't sure.

I glanced down to see the knocked-out speedster, Edin Dann, by my feet and sighed as I pulled him in my Lighthouse. Thanking the man I hired to catch Dann, I quickly shoved the chunk of blue suspendium in my Pocket to chase after the Violet Wave before she reached the shinheuh caravan.

"V.V.!" I called out, walking briskly to the hooded figure. The person walked faster and I assumed it was her.

I tried a different approach. "Variiya, wait up!"

She froze.

Hah, I knew it.

I put a hand on her shoulder, quite excited to tell her about my meeting with Edin Dann. "What's the hurry? I managed to get the speedster we were after for months, it was pretty amusing to how he actually thought he could escape—"

I stopped my tracks, wondering why she kept looking down as if the wooden boards of the dock was so interesting.

"V.V., you okay?" I asked slowly.

She still wouldn't meet my eyes. The female brushed me off snd continued her path. "Come on, we're gonna miss the shinheuh."

I grabbed her wrist snd pulled her close to face me. "V.V., what's wrong?"

The cap on her head shielded her eyes from me, though I couldn't see her expression, I could tell something bad happened.

I pulled down her hood to reveal her battered face. Her olive skin on her cheeks was dark purple from a nasty bruise. Her pouty pink lips had a small cut. V.V. seemingly had a black left eye, but she covered it with her glowing hand.

"Don't worry about me, I'm quickly healing myself with shinsu, I'm fine." She bantered and sprinted to the caravan.

I stormed after her and slammed the door shut, my blue eyes blazing with icy anger. She flinched and sat by the corner of the carriage, still not looking directly at me. "Who the hell did this to you?"

The girl took a deep breath and sighed, taking off her blue cap, her long and wavy purple-brown hair tumbled down, once long and wavy was even more unkempt and now, a little past chin-length. "I met up with a guy--an informant-- because I wanted this other Regular to be in our team."

I frowned. What?

"The informant's girlfriend wasn't happy with me and caught me off guard and did all this." Her eye was now less swollen and she proceeded to heal her cheek. "I've been trying to trace him for weeks and I managed to get a hold of him. Problem is, he doesn't want to meet me."