four

A/N: Long chapter ahead! I might edit this and cut some parts off and add it to the previous chapter

Floor 25

I'm going to leave if he's a second late. I told myself as I was tapping my foot impatiently on the wooden harbor. I was 30 minutes early, but this was tedious. I was really convinced that V. V. didn't want to meet up with 'this guy' because of her 'horrendous' look.

To be honest, it's not that bad (though internally I want to shout at her to at least brush her hair. It's getting on my nerves). Her once long hair was only up to her shoulders. Before the strands of purple and brown always got in her face, so I could not really see her properly. This was the first time in six years since I last caught a proper look at her pretty face.

You did not just call V. V. pretty, dumbass. I cringed. Whoever this guy was, I hope he was worth it because he doesn't seem trustworthy.

Nah, you're just saying that because you're jealous that this guy is very close to her. Chided my brain.

I realized that V.V. even forgot to tell me his name. Great, how was I supposed to find him?

Name. I can't help but be curious about her real name. Every time I asked her, she simply brushed me aside. The closest I could deduce was that most likely the first initial was 'Variiya', or perhaps a diminutive of it because, in the early floors, she was slow on reacting to the name Variiya but reacted fine to when I called her V. V.

The reason why I refused to call her was that her name sounded too much like Maria. I swatted the thought of both girls away again and studied the ground. Where is he? I repeatedly asked that question all over and over again.

To pass time, I gazed down at the three beads of the necklace. She was still a mystery to me despite being by her side for 3 years.

And there's probably some guy who's even closer to her.

I clenched my fist to control my thoughts. God, why do I suddenly feel angry now--

A man stood beside me, looking out towards the clouds of shinsu, turned to me, and then looked away. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I've been waiting for nearly an hour for a guy I was supposed to meet." He said, annoyance tainting his words.

I nodded, feeling sympathy because I was waiting for a man for thirty-minutes. Then I realized. "Who sent you here?" I asked him. I took a good glimpse of the man. Apparently he looked younger than me, perhaps even younger than V. V.

What is her type? Younger boys? My brain taunted. I mentally kicked myself. Being curious about her type is irrelevant. The boy was scruffy, with upswept and shaggy dark hair, somewhat like Hatz's. He was wearing a black robe with midnight blue highlights. A dagger hung sheathed by his waist. His eyes, a mix of blue and gold, were eerily familiar. I feel like I knew him from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint where.