party favor .14

- peep new cover again lol

tw// abuse + violence

ricky held his dad's present in his hands and took a deep breath before making his way down the stairs. he saw his dad sitting on the couch watching tv, with a beer in his hand. ricky started to feel nervous once he noticed his dad was drinking, but tried to stay strong.

"hey dad?" ricky softly freaked out, hoping not to piss him off. rickys dad looked away from the tv and glared at his son.

"what?"

"uhm.. happy birthday," ricky eagerly said with a small smile on his face. he walked up to his dad and showed him his present, "uhh.. i got this for you."

mike's eyes widened and he raised an eyebrow at ricky before letting out a smile, "you remembered?"

ricky let out a sigh of relief and happily sat next to his dad on the couch, "yeah, of course dad," ricky smiled as he handed him his present. maybe he barely drank, ricky thought to himself. that's why he's acting so nice. the boy watched as his dad downed another sip of his drink while he unwrapped the birthday present.

once mike finally opened it, his face became blank and he stared at the gift in confusion. ricky's heart started to beat faster and the boy started to get nervous, "uhm.. i found it in the garage the other day."

mike held up the picture frame in front of him as he stared at in silence, "i uh.. didn't want the picture to go to waste so i scanned it, edited the photo a bit, and framed it... i uhh.. even added you and mom's anniversary date on the side there.. see.."

"what did i tell you about going in the garage?" mike snapped

"what did i tell you about going in the garage?" mike snapped. ricky let out a nervous chuckle and shrugged his shoulders.

"d-dad that was like ten years ago," ricky nervously answered, "i'm seventeen now."

"what did i tell you about going in the FUCKING garage?!" mike yelled as he raised his voice a bit. ricky scooted back and nervously got up from the couch.

"to never go through you and mom's old things..." ricky quietly answered as he backed away from his dad. the boy leaned against the empty wall while his dad stood a few feet away from him.