just another girl .17

ricky and nini made their way out of the bakery with their hands full of warm coffee and chocolate chip muffins. ricky happily bit out his muffin as he looked at nini with glee, "you mean to tell me you get free coffee and a muffin every single morning?"

"yup!" nini exclaimed as she smirked at ricky, "as long as my moms don't find out."

"i knew it was too good to be true," ricky laughed as he rolled his eyes at nini. they walked up to his car and the both of them stepped inside, "can ya hold my muffin while i drive, please?"

"sure, but it might be gone by the time we get to school," nini told him as she finished he last bit of her muffin. ricky eyed nini with a stern look and the girl let out a giggle. "i'm kidding!!"

 "i'm kidding!!"

+

"hey neens," ricky called out and pulled nini back before she could step out of the car. the girl gave a ricky a worried look and closed the car door again.

"what's wrong?"

"uhh.. just.. do you mind keeping everything to yourself?" ricky asked nini as he looked up at her eyes. nini got taken aback, but tried her best to hide her hurt expression. "like don't tell anyone anything about how we talked, i stayed the night, or that we did anything together really..."

"oh okay..." nini softly said and looked to the side.

"its not you, nini. i promise," ricky reassured her as he saw how distraught the girl was. nini softly nodded her head and forced a smile at ricky. "i just don't wanna have to explain how i ended up there in the first place."

"what about your face?" nini asked as she softly placed her hand on rickey's face. the boy felt himself relax as the heat of nini's hand warmed his cold face.

"easy... basketball," ricky told nini as they locked eyes. the girl nodded her head and awkwardly removed her hand away from ricky's face.

"okay.. i promise i won't tell anyone," nini told ricky. the boy nodded his head and pulled his face away from hers. nini stared at the dashboard with sadness and let out a deep sigh. "i'll get out first then... i'll see you around ricky."

ricky watched nini walk out of his car with guilt, but knew it had to be done. the boy let out a deep sigh and waited for nini to be out of sight so he could leave his car as well. once ricky finally got to school, the first thing he did was make his way to the gymnasium to drop off his note.

"can't wait to meet you... S.R."