Small Frame

Day after day, Atsumu kept on wanting to know everything about Akari. He wanted to be part of the little things she does and wanted to keep being one of the reasons that the girl would burst out laughing or even smile. It was clearly unexpected that Atsumu would fall in love with a girl like Akari.

He knew that his type was someone mature, kind and a diligent type of person. Yet he couldn't stop himself from falling head over feet for a girl completely opposite from his ideals. Well, maybe love is really like that.

It's not a matter of preferences. Because falling in love means that you loved every part of that person no matter how far it is from what you really want. Love knows no limits.

Even for someone like Atsumu.

After a fun day again as he and Akari spent time together after their practice, the two decided to go to a fast food restaurant, as a random event they agreed upon.

"'Samu, tell Mom I'll be home late." Said Atsumu with a smile as he walked with the rest of the group, nearing the corner they'll split up.

"Look at the two idiots, going on a date~" Rintarou cooed and faked a vomit afterwards.

Michiru smacked the back of his head and giggled, "Stop calling them idiots you bendy stripper pole" she said, calling him the name he hated hearing.

"And stop calling me bendy stripper pole" retorted Rintarou and pinched his girlfriend's cheeks in a teasing manner.

To which Osamu, Atsumu and Akari cringed as they made disgusted faces.

"Stop sucking faces in front of me, yer disgusting" Osamu spat out, face wrinkling to a frown.

Atsumu and Akari did barfing noises only to get smacked on the head by Rintarou.

"For all I know, you'll be sucking faces soon, idiots"he huffed and pulled his girlfriend's hand and walked ahead.

Osamu turned his back on his twin, "We'll go ahead. I'll be sure to tell Mom that you're busy picking up girls" he said earning an annoyed grunt from the blonde.

"Yeah yeah, and yer supposed to be the older one 'Samu!"Atsumu retaliated before his brother disappeared into the distance.

The ash haired boy threw his hands up in a surrender, "Not listening 'Tsumu!"he chirped.

And soon enough, Atsumu and Akari were left alone as they took another path from the others. The two strode beside each other, shoulders barely brushing and their footsteps almost in sync.

It wasn't awkward, yet, the two felt the need to speak. But they have no words to say to each other. For Atsumu, it was enough that the girl he loves is next to him. And as for Akari, having a person walk beside her outside school is a feeling she wanted to treasure.

The walk was silent as the stars above started shining brightly and the puffy clouds that was once spread out across the sky as if hising its glory, is now giving way for the mesmerizing and calming light of the moon shone upon their path.

Atsumu heard Akari chuckle beside him all of a sudden, "What's so funny Akari?"he asked with a smile.

The bright haired girl turned to meet his eyes, "This scene just gives me the feels that we're inside a shoujo manga. Like some revelation would happen or somethin'!" She giggled, her lips curving into a wider grin.

Hearing the girl's response, Atsumu's smile deepened. "You're too random, ya know?"

"That's one of my charms idiot!"said the girl and playfully stuck her tongue out.

Atsumu laughed along with her as their conversation kept on changing along with how spontaneous Akari could be. One moment they were talking about starts and then the other they're talking about how underwears have weird designs.

No matter how weird their talk would lead, Atsumu couldn't stop himself from talking with the girl. It was fun, refreshing and calming. Talking with Akari relaxed him and gave him freedom to speak honestly.

He wanted this moment to continue forever. Even if they don't reach the restaurant, as long as Akari was next to him, nothing else mattered at the moment.

But, his wish wasn't close to granted when Akari's phone started ringing. "Ah, excuse me Miya. I have to take this"

"Take your time Akari"

Atsumu watched as she took a few steps away from him and flipped her phone open to answer the call. He was admiring her slightly grown hair, unladylike posture and wrinkled uniform clearly displaying how playful she is.

That is until Akari dropped her phone and started trembling. Atsumu panicked as he approached her figure. "Oi Akari what's wrong?"

The girl never answered and soon enough he heard her sobbing.

"What happened Akari?"

No answer.

"Hey, tell me"

But still she wasn't responding.

Atsumu felt guilty that he wasn't helping. It was a few months ago that he too was in a similar situation and the girl was there to help him. She did something to comfort him. And he was eager to return the favor.

"A-Akari, do..." he trailed, feeling nervous, "... do you want a hug?"

Atsumu noticed how she suddenly stopped shaking, hearing his question, and he didn't need answers. Atsumu enveloped the girl in his arms, caressing both her back and head lovingly, trying to calm her down.

At times like this I can't help but be thankful that you're small. At the very least, I can wrap my arms around you and protect you from the world.