Dreams and Nightmares

Spoiler Warning!

If you haven't read the manga yet, I'm so sorry but the story is now at the Infinity Train Arc. It's what the movie will be about, so if you don't wanna get spoiled maybe bookmark this and wait until after you've seen the movie or maybe read the manga - it's amazing btw!

Also, I will start with branching off the story next chapter. I'm so nervous as it's the first time that I'd do anything like this... anyway, enjoy and thank you so much for reading!

"So, this is a train? It looks... scary." It was a huge metal contraption wherein hundreds of people could all fit inside at the same time. I also saw an automobile on our way to the train. It's a little difficult to think about how much change the country went through while I stayed in my little corner. Of course, I got a glimpse of the progress that was happening, but the progress in a city is just mind-blowing!

"Ah, don't worry Y/N-chan! I'm with you, so no need to be scared." Kyojuro assured me, a friendly hand on my shoulder. I still can't believe how much he changed. He was already getting taller when I last saw him, but I now have to look up when talking to him. Still, that booming voice of him is the same. And if it were possible, he's gotten more energetic too.

We settled in our seats, and I can't help but take it all in. It still feels bizarre – I've only ever walked to places! "Y/N-chan, how are you liking the train so far?" Kyojuro inquired, nudging me with a smile. "It isn't so scary once we're inside. Looks like one of those modern houses." Another thing I discovered is how much western influence there was in the city. A lot of folks wearing western clothes and infrastructures looking different than back home.

"It does, doesn't it? Makes traveling comfortable." We settled in silence after that, and I continued watching the people outside. I can't deny that this new fashion looks nice. I wonder how I'd look in those dresses and hats? "Uhm, Y/N-chan?" The smile that seemed to be on his face constantly was gone when I turned to look at him. It was replaced by this curious look on his eyes, making his thick eyebrows push up, knotting his forehead.

When he continued to look like he was stuck in a debate with himself I spoke up, guessing what he wanted to talk about. "I think I should be about seventy by now. More than seventy. You remember Yori?" He nodded. "Nobu's grandfather?" "Yes. He's my younger brother."

"That's why Nobu called you obaachan. Because you really were his grandmother." He looked like he was still processing it all. I can't stop giggling at the whole situation. "Oh, Kyo-kun. I can't believe your father never told you! Or that you never guessed. You were just a little boy when we met and was twelve the last time we saw each other. You never found it strange I didn't change all those years?"

Red cheeks and a sheepish smile graced his face, something that took me off guard completely. Kyojuro was energetic and was like a fireball. He never gets shy or sheepish! "I guess I didn't think about it that way. I was just excited to grow up and, well, be a man in your eyes. I did say I wanted to marry you when I grow up, Y/N-chan."

I wasn't drinking anything yet I choked at what he said and started coughing. I have no idea what he was talking about. A still flushing Kyojuro started rubbing my back, helping me with my sudden coughing fit. "You don't remember? I guess only Nobu heard. It's why he was always teasing me back then. Speaking of Nobu, I can't believe he's married and is a father now."

Thankful for his sudden change of subject, I started nodding enthusiastically. "I never imagined Nobu getting married so early as well, but then he met Kagura-san. You wouldn't believe how mature he would act around her as if he wasn't just whining about something." A nostalgic smile appeared on Kyojuro's face – probably thinking about his time with Nobu. "Nobu did mature... but would act bratty every now and then still. When his daughter was born, he was just so... oh, you just know he'd give the world to his baby girl! He wouldn't stop crying that day."