Concert in a Can

~Emma's P.O.V.~

I woke up today not feeling so well after last night. My neck is a little sore, and I still have a little bit of a headache. Hey, at least the headaches are almost gone. I tell myself and get up slowly, and see a note on the dresser next to me, so I pick it up and read it.

Dear Emma,

Your staying home today, something wasn't right with your chip and it needs to be upgraded badly. After I upgrade it, (which by the time you read this it should be done) you will need to be trained a little bit on some of your new upgrades or how to activate them by Chase. I know, you might have to be trained again and it doesn't sound fun, but it's needed. Meet me in the lab after you eat.

~Mr. Davenport

"Just great." I whisper under my breath and head downstairs and eat. "Feeling better?" I look to my left and see Chase. Isn't he supposed to be at school or something? I am confused. "Um, I guess. The headache is better but my head still hurts." I tell him then ask him what's on my mind. "So, I might need to be trained how to use some of my abilities again?" I ask him and he looks at me. I can't read the look on his face and that kind of scares me.

"Maybe, but you'll be fine." Something tells me he's lying but I'm not going to pressure him to tell me anything more. I finish eating and head down to the lab ready to face whatever it was I had to do. "Okay, Emma, sit down." I followed Davenport's instructions and sat down. "There was a few damages to your chip which is probably from the LEMP messing with your bionics. Your bionics are most likely more stronger than before and now I think we should test all of them to see which ones you need to be trained on again. Okay?" I nod.

"Okay, Chase, you can head to school. I got this covered. Come on Emma let's head to the Bionics testing room over here." I didn't realize it but Chase was leaning against a wall with his school bag watching us the whole time like an overprotective older brother. He nods and leaves like he didn't want to leave. It takes a lot for Chase to skip classes, so this may be more worse than they were letting on.

Davenport puts my chip in and we start walking to the room I was going to be in. While we were walking I looked where Chase was heading and I saw him. I see him smile and whisper, "You'll do fine." Then I head into the room and the doors seal shut. "Okay, how about we test your force field first." I sigh and after that we tested all my abilities for the next 2 hours. I walked out of the room exhausted. "Go rest in your capsule while I look at the results." Big D tells me and I don't object. Sleep sounds like the best thing I could get right now.

...Later...

So when I woke up Donald told me that I didn't need any of my bionics restrained but I just needed to be careful when I used them or I could get seriously injured again. Now I'm sitting in my old room watching the Harry Potter marathon on TV when I hear the door open. Yes, the others are finally home. I shut the TV off and walked downstairs.

"Hey guys." I say and then I notice a sour look on Leo's face and he points to something. I looked to where he was pointing and saw that they brought a kid I've never seen before into the house. He has brown hair and brown eyes and he creeps me out. Marcus looks me up and down shocked to see me here for some reason, but he made sure the others didn't see his reaction to me. "Hey, Emma this is Marcus. Marcus this is Emma our-" Bree paused not knowing what to say so I quickly filled in. "Sister." I lied. The others nod.

"Hi. I didn't know you guys had another sister." Marcus tells them and they look at him confused. "She stayed home today. Emma couldn't speak for the last few days now she's doing better." I nod. "Yeah I had Laryngitis and I got my voice back today finally. I stayed home to make sure I didn't lose it again." Another lie. Well that is our lives. Lying.

"Oh. So Chase, Adam want to start practicing?" Marcus asks them and they nod and Adam, Bree and Chase go to put their bags down. It was awkward between the three of us because Marcus kept looking at me and it felt like he was examining me in disbelief. Like he knew something I didn't. Leo noticed and said, "Here maybe you should go fly the helicopter." I nod and I hurriedly left the room and into the music room.

I wonder why he was looking at me like that. What was he hiding? Should I tell the others? I don't know. Ugh my life sucks. I ignored it and decided to look around. My eyes stopped when I saw a white and black violin. I smiled and picked it up and plucked the strings. I used to play the violin but I stopped playing when I was 13. Now I'm fifteen so it wasn't that long ago.

I tune the strings and pluck a few songs then put it back and head back to the living room. What I saw shocked me. Leo had a broken guitar in his arm. But I know him. He would never do that. So what happened here? "Leo! Why'd you do that?" Chase asks Leo mad. "I didn't Marcus-'' But no one would listen to him. I looked at Marcus and saw a smirk on his face when the others weren't looking. Then he saw me and dropped the smirk and I couldn't read the look on his face after that.

"Don't worry I'll get you another Guitar. As for Leo, your grounded go to your room." Big D says and Leo huffs and stomps to his room. "Emma, where were you at?" Chase asks. "Leo said she was going to go fly the helicopter." Marcus said and I glared at him. "Emma you know the helicopter is off limits." If I don't do something now I'll be in big trouble. "I was actually in the Music Room practicing a few songs. If you don't believe me then check the camera's on Eddie's software."

I see Bree enter the room. "There you are. I didn't know you played the violin." I mentally thanked her. "Yeah.." This is weird. "Oh, Emma, go grab a guitar with Marcus." I was going to try to get out of it when Adam said, "Wait. Emma, grab a Kiwi for me while your at it." I roll my eyes and motion for Marcus to follow me. Halfway there he started to say something when I stopped him.

"Just don't say anything." I tell him and grab a guitar for him, hand it over and grab a Kiwi in the kitchen for Adam. "Yay! Thanks Sis!" Adam says hugging me when I give him the Kiwi. "Your welcome." It feels weird being called sis or sister by Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo. Big D looked confused. "Well explain later." Bree whispers to him.

..Next Day...

Marcus left after we pleaded with him to leave at midnight for the 100th time. A light flash threw our capsules. Today's Saturday and Bree's taking Davenport for some school activity science fair. We explained to Big D why Adam called me sis (sister) yesterday and he agreed. It's okay he told us. I've just noticed this but me, Adam, Bree and Chase look alike. I have the same hair as Adam and the hair length and body shape like Bree and eye's like Chase. Weird.

So what ended up happening was for Bree and Davenports project he was supposed to fix the Robot dog but instead he did a Concert in a Can for Chase, Adam, and Marcus. Now, Bree isn't talking to Davenport.

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Marcus enters the all too familiar dark room. "What'd you find out?" A man's voice asks Marcus. "Emma Davenport is alive." Marcus tells the man sitting in the chair. "What! I thought she died when we killed her mother on the plane. Ugh. Just great." A smirk managed it's way onto Marcus's face. "Don't worry she won't be alive for long."