II. HULA AND NIGHTMARES

EPISODE 1: PILOT
II. HULA AND NIGHTMARES

 HULA AND NIGHTMARES

"It's a double overhead out there, bro." Pope tells John B, as all three of us approach the beach, the two of them carrying the surf boards, and me carrying the common sense.

"Double overhead?" John B repeats.

"Those aren't surfable waves, bro." Pope tells him, looking over the sign, that said the beach was closed.

"Says who?" John B asks, and starts running ahead.

"Probably someone a lot smarter than you!" I yell after him, as me and Pope stay out of the water, for our own safety, as John B surfs.

«     —————     »

"Yo, JJ, Maddy, you been outside?" John B's voice is the first thing I hear, after waking up with an unusual weight on my stomach. I look down to see an arm draped over me, as I laid on the pull-out sofa.

"I have polio, bro." JJ's lips move, which, by the way, are right on my neck, and he nuzzles more into it, almost hiding his face. "I can't walk."

"Get off of me, Maybank." I grumble, push JJ off of the sofa, causing him to fall to the ground, John B had long walked out of the house.

I sigh in contempt, as I snuggle up more, in my blanket, savoring my sweet sweet sleep. Until, it's snatched away from me. Ans I find myself on the floor.

"If I can't sleep, you can't either." JJ says, in his morning voice, and walks out with my blanket and a smirk.

"JJ, you asshole." I yell, and throw a pillow in his direction. I let out a breath, and rub my eyes, standing up, deciding that I'll probably not get any sleep now.

I walk out to find, John B and JJ talking around the boat and make my way towards them.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asks John B, leaning on the boat, as John B cleans.

"Yeah, she did." John B replies.

"She's a bitch." I comment, making my presence know.

"Sleep well?" JJ asks, smirking.

"As well as I could, with a talking shit bag next to me." I bite back, but it doesn't even dim JJ's smirk. So, I turn to John B. "What you thinkin'?"

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze." John B tells us. "All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ questions.