CHAPTER 20

My mind felt hazy when I woke up. I groaned and rolled over to slam my hand on the alarm clock. I got up and stretched my arms up above my hear and groaned as my muscles felt more relaxed. I sat there for a moment to recollect my thoughts.

Last night immediately came to mind and just as fast as the memories raced through my mind, I found my cheeks stretching to accommodate the large smile painted on my lips. Jax wanted me. It was so hard to comprehend that Jackson Reed wanted to be with me on a serious level. Excited giggles escaped my mouth. I bit down on my lower lip to try and contain this burst of giddiness.

I quickly got changed and raced down the stairs to walk to school. The sooner I leave for school the sooner I see Jax. Wait...what does this mean though? How am I supposed to act in public? We didn't exactly discuss those things last night. We ended up talking in his car for hours with some moments of kissing. But the topic of whether our relationship was public or not never came up.

I took a deep breath, I guess we'll see how Jax acts in public. Whatever he chooses to do will show me what state our relationship is in.

A loud roar of an engine brought me out of my thoughts. My head whips to my side. Jax was slowing driving next to me. He ducks his head lower to look at me through the passenger window. His perfect white teeth was on display when he smiled, "You don't actually think I'm gonna let you walk to school now, do you?"

I smiled, "I like walking though," Not wanting to be too compliant in a playful way.

"And I like your ass sitting next to me in my car."

I stopped walking and face him, "I guess one of us has to compromise."

He shakes his head, but the smile was still plastered on his face, "Yeah, I guess one of us has to get their pretty ass in a car."

I rolled my eyes but without releasing a small laugh as I climb into his car. I turn to Jax, "Happy."

He winks down at me, "Very." His eyes seep into my own, causing my lungs to work a little harder to get air in them since he always seem to take my breath away. His head dips low and his gently presses his lips against my own. It was a small but blissful moment that only confirmed that what happened last night was real.

When we drove to school, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. I mean, everyone already knew that Jax gave me rides to school, but I'm sure none of them would've thought he would ever go out with a girl like me. I wonder if all the girls he hooked up with would try and steal him from me? Jax is known for his dangerously gorgeous looks and the pull he has on females. I still felt a little insecure about all that stuff. The girls in his past. I shook my head though, ridding my mind of the negatives thoughts. I can't let it control me.

I glanced at me side, Jax was walking with his shoulders back and his head held high like he was some kind of champion. As we entered the school my nerves spiked as people began to stare. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to act. I mean before I was an average student, now I'll probably be the most talked about person in school. I'm not sure how I felt about that.

Jax glances down at me. And then his eyes takes in the mass of people staring back at us. His arms reaches out and places it firmly around me waist. Gently and nonchalantly pulls me into his side as we walk. I felt myself tense at the very obvious display of affection Jax just showcased. He never looks down at me, but instead stares at everyone with what seemed like a hard warning stare. Like he was staking a claim.

The drumming against my chest hit a faster beat when I felt kind of turned on by his action and yet slightly soothed. His arm was still secured around me as he lead me to my locker. He made me feel safe, like I'm standing alone against these crowds of opinions. He didn't seemed concerned with what people would think in regards to what he just did and that comforted me. At least one of us was calm.