30 / Ghost

Baekhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Just a few weeks ago, he was excited to go on his first mission as a leader. Now, he was bombarded with fears, doubts and backup plans. All those negative thoughts had drowned out Taeyong's voice as he explained the routes they needed to take.

"Baekhyun!" Taeyong's voice snapped him back to reality. Ten looked over his shoulder, giving Baekhyun a concerned look.

They stood on the roof of a nearby building, watching the others sneak into the school. They had been waiting for quite a while, listening to the loud munching and light conversations amongst their teammates at home.

"Sorry." The pink haired man muttered into his in-ear.

"It's okay." Taeyong reassured. "Kai, Jisung and Yuqi, go in through the science department. Baekhyun and Ten, be on standby for your next instructions."

"Stay on the lookout for Seulgi's minions." Taemin warned. "They're not far from the building."

"Be safe out there, you guys." Mark said before their in-ears went silent.

Yuqi poked her head out of the spot they were hiding in and looked left and right. She walked out of the storage room, beckoning for the others to follow.

The corridor was wide and dark, creating a cold, frightening atmosphere. Each step they made crashed onto the tiles, echoing for metres. The sound didn't want to die as quickly as it arrived.

"I swear, if we're living in one of those creepy horror movie scenes, I'm out." Jisung gulped.

His voice echoed down the corridor, making them stop and listen. No sounds followed. Yuqi placed her finger on her lips and continued walking.

The lights in the passing classrooms flickered every so often. They had passed numerous classrooms that contained the bodies of animals that may have been dead for more than a year. Their dissected parts were all preserved in glass jars filled with unknown liquids.

All of what they saw instilled slight discomfort in the supers even though they had seen far worse.

"I escaped a freaking prison, lived in sewers for a week and have the teeth of a vampire, yet this stuff creeps me out." Yuqi muttered to herself, slowing down to walk at the same pace as Jisung and Kai.

"I've seen worse in my old school." Kai said. "This is nothing."

"Wait Yuqi, you're a vampire?" Jisung whispered.

"That side of me only appears when I go berserk." Yuqi replied. "I have it under control. Five suppressors are in my system and another six are in my suit. They should last a week, minimum."

A slight shift caught Jisung's attention. A noise of high frequency went in and out of his ears. It soon grew louder, interfering with the information he was receiving from Lynx. He pulled out his in-ear and closed his eyes.

"Back."

"Go back. Then left."

The soft voice repeated its words. Jisung stopped in his tracks and turned around. Without his conscious control, his legs followed the voice and was rewarded with the voice speaking over the high frequency.

"...sung?" Jisung ignored the muffled voices around him, registering them as background sounds.

"Jisung!" Jisung was turned around by force to face Kai. "What are you doing?"

"Do you not hear it?"

"Hear what?"

"Someone's giving us instructions." Jisung turned his back to them. He raised his arm and spread his fingers out. They slowly curled into his palm, holding an imaginary string that connected him and the unknown voice.