Coffee Date

Today we were sitting across from each other, having lunch at our favorite cafe, CoStar. As I was eating the soup we order not long ago, you were rambling on about one of the girls from the volleyball team, you always deeply admired her. Despite the fact that you were on a date with me, it did not phase you to talk about, though I am jealous that another girl constantly catches your attention I am also not phased. Before you agreed to go out with me, you warned me how you liked another girl but I didn't think much of it. Now, three months into our relationship and she still fills your mind. She never turns her way to see you but to only your best friend, Bokuto.

I stopped listening to you talk about her, I couldn't have handled the jealousy of you calling her beautiful constantly, something you rarely called me. You had hardly touched your coffee today because the thought of her made you lose focus. You were excited that she talked to you today, both partners in a project our teacher assigned today. I knew clearly that you asked the teacher to pair him up with you before head. The teacher couldn't deny his favorite students request and listened. I was stuck with a friend as partner and you got who you wished for while I didn't.

I laid my head on propped up arm, zoning out once more while looking at you. Admiring your features is something I do unconsciously. Your handsome blue eyes, which shined brightly every time you were happy. The silky fluffy hair you put no effort in, yet looks so godly. You were perfect in every way, nothing stopped you from being beautiful. You looked tired, you must have worked very hard today during practice. You almost forgot about our date from how dazed you were. I sigh and you were startled, you stopped talking. I slouched back in the booth chair and you immediately realized your mistake. You stood up and picked up our bowls and laid them on the counter. Coming back and standing in front of me with a wary smile, I made you feel bad, guilty. That's not something a girlfriend should do, especially when I agreed to this.