{Chapter Four}

_____

_____

"Buried in your bones is an ache that you can't ignore/
Taking your breath, stealing your mind, and all that was real was left behind"
- The Greatest Show (Panic! At The Disco)

_____

THAT'S A NEW ONE

WITH ALL THE EXCITEMENT in Arya's life last week. She completely forgot about capture the flag. Until breakfast , the morning of the game, when Arya was approached by Clarisse and Charles Beckendorf, who had teamed there cabins together for this weeks round.

Arya gave it to Clarisse, she was smart to bring along Charlies for the Bribe, Arya was fond of the boy.

Charles first came to camp when he was eleven, his mom used to bring him just over the summers, then she went off the rails and the mother and son got into a massive argument, Now he stays year round. Charles and Arya were the same age and therefore got along very well spending just about everyday together for almost three years teaching each other what the opposite lacked in. There relationship was strong. Arya would struggle to say no if he was asking her to be on their team. Had it just been Clarisse asking, Arya wouldn't have even debated because she was still annoyed at the Ares girl for her treatment of Percy.

"Hey Arya! You know capture the flag's tonight?" Clarisee called with an awkward smile on her face, using her nice voice, which Arya only heard when Clarisse wanted Arya for something.

"I do. And I suppose you coming over here and talking to me has nothing to do with that little fun fact" Arya shot a sarcastic smile at her frienemy. From there Clarisse face dropped to the cold hard look everyone was used too, her nice girl act was suddenly gone.

"Look, I'm not going to lie to you Arya. With you being the only one in your cabin-"

"And with me being a child of the big three" Arya finished rolling her eyes, knowing where the conversation was going, it was always the same thing.

"Actually, because you're the best fighter at camp" Charles cut in, trying to fix the situation. Arya opened her mouth to shoot down his comment but Charles was faster.  "In an all around sense"

Arya shrugged at his response. Everyone knew she was the best, she should be, she's been fighting since she was five. There were some exceptions. Luke was the best sword fighter and Clarisse was the best hand to hand. But overall it was Arya without a doubt.

"You're a key player. Whichever side gets you has a massive advantage" Clarisse explained, reminding Arya of a fact she already knew.