1

Hyejoo's breath hitches.

Brain malfunctioning.

The warm arms engulfing her taller figure. She isn't exactly sure about what's happening except for the frantic thrumming in her left boob.

It was starting to hurt.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Yerim doesn't answer, still latched on to her neck, feet tip toed.

Okay, maybe the bottle flung to their direction was dangerous. But the shorter knows for sure that it wouldn't hurt her and she doesn't need protection, not like her own fragile human body.

So why the hell was she protectively shielding her?

"Oh shit, Yerim, are you alright?" The voice breaks the two girls' attention, the brunette's eye snapping open and than it's staring straight into hers.

The bright glint shining on its surface makes Hyejoo's inside feel like she wants to breakout and sing a song, and she absolutely hates it.

The two break away the haze and look around them to spot the audience gathering. They are in a party packed with people, it's only natural that they'll huddle around to where there were screaming and glass breaking.

"Yerim?" The man is closer now. Agitated, Hyejoo glares at him.

"I'm fine, Je."

Hyejoo was ready to attack the guy who caused the shattered glass by their feet, but the latter holds her back. She looks at Yerim, offended. Yeah, the pretty boy is like two heads taller than her. But she's a demon for Christ's sake.

"Kim Je You! Why the hell would you guys send a glass bottle flying?!" Yeojin's voice is loud, her smaller body pushing through the crowd. And Hyejoo is glad that she's not the only one who looks she'll pluck his head out. If it wasn't for Yerim's discouraging gaze, it would've been an assault case by now.

"Sorry, my friends are drunk and are aggressive. Are you girls hurt?" Je You is visibly concerned when Yerim turns to face him.

Hyejoo scoffs, but shakes her head when the brunette smacks her.

"How does that explain the flying bottle?! Let's see what happens when I throw you." Yeojin threatens, prompting Yerim to retort by jutting her chin out.

"It's fine, Je. See you in class?"

"Oh uh, yeah. Are you sure you're not hurt?"

Yerim smiles, "Don't worry about it, go bring your friends home."

Reluctantly, he bows in apology and turns to disappear to another part of the house. The music starts back up, exhorting everyone to leave after the observation.

"Are you okay?"

"Stupid weak humans and their good morals."

"I guess that means you're not hurt." Yerim giggles. "Good thing I came in right in time."

"You know I can't get hurt right?"

"Just incase."

The blubbering Yeojin approaches the two, her attention mostly on Hyejoo, "I saw glass bounce on you, how are you not hurt at all?"

Hyejoo shrugs.

"I swear to god you're a goblin or something."

"I know for sure you're a child." Hyejoo aggressively pats her head, making the younger whine.

"We'll leave first, Yeojin, be safe okay?"