1: The Gift of Peaches 🍑

A/n: Hi and welcome. In this, Reader-chan is a type of kitsune (mainly a nine-tailed fox) called a "Kitsune Tsuki," meaning "fox possession." She shares her body with a kitsune spirit ⁽ᵃⁿᵈ ˢʰᵉ'ˢ ᵏᶦⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᴺᵃʳᵘᵗᵒ⁾.

Anyways, enjoy!❀

──────────────

Carrying a basket on his back, Giyuu scaled up the wooded steps that led up to the forest shrine.

He grunted softly as he limped slightly with every step he took. His aching ribs and back were killing him. Regardless of the pain, the Water Hashira continued his ascent until he reached the red wooden torii gate that stood atop it.

Why did he come here, you ask? Well, it's because he's here to see the very woman who bestowed his heart.

(Name)!

And she was a Kitsune!

In folklore, the kitsune was considered a mischievous trickster with the ability to shapeshift. Often, an Ayakashi/Yokai that was said to be associated with the Inari Okami (fox deity), whom people worshiped for fertility, rice, tea, etc.

Giyuu had no idea what he'd gotten himself into when he first encountered you on that warm, fateful summer's day in the forest. At first sight, the Water Hashira mistook you for the demon that had been terrorizing the village and attempted to kill you.

You had tried to convince him that you were not a demon, regardless of your ears and tails. And told him that you were indeed human, but contained the spirit of a kitsune inside you, making you a Kitsune-tsuki, and that you would never harm a soul unless threatened or provoked.

Despite the misconception, Giyuu still (probably) should've killed you, but there was something about you that enthralled him. Although he had never actually seen a live yokai before, since they were said to be just fairy tales, but if demons could exist, then why not yōkai?

Soon, Giyuu had found himself being enticed by you and couldn't bring himself to harm you, so instead he let you live, and which you, in return, helped him track down the real demon that had been attacking the villagers and mend his wounds.

Over time, the two of you grew closer as his relationship with you grew stronger, until eventually you both confessed your feelings and fell in love with one another.

Initially, Giyuu saw himself as a lone wolf and had no interest in any romantic relationships since they had always been the last thing on his mind. He'd just assumed he had no time for intimacy and romance.

But you—the very being that made his heart throb, who laughed at every dry joke he told and showed him nothing but love and compassion—love him! And after two and a half years of courtship, Giyuu did the unthinkable and had proposed to you, which you'd literally throw yourself and said "yes!"

It'd most certainly threw him off guard since he wasn't expecting you to do so. Regardless, it made the Water Hashira so happy to know you wanted to spend the rest of your life with a plain uninteresting trout like him. It was almost enough to put a full, genuine smile on his face. Almost!

Moreover, Giyuu didn't want anyone to know of his affair with you, for he feared that the other Hashira would come and hurt you or that Ubuyashiki-sama would ban him from the Demon Slayer Corps.