Chapter Eleven

Carlile always like to arrive in style. His peppered hair greased back out of his face, with his sunglasses on. The mink coat he wore costed more than most rent payments. It trailed behind him like a train. He was trying to make a statement, that he was the boss. While both Slick and Mathias thought he looked like a fool. His intimidation tactics wouldn't work with Slick. He wanted to hit Carlile. This man was trying to take everything Slick has worked for. He extended his fingers, waiting. Mathias gave him a look that said, "don't screw this up." He wouldn't let his anger cloud his judgement even though he was practically seeing red.
Before they came in the room they were patted down by a third party, as were Slick, Mathias, and Crow. No one wanted blood shed tonight.
One of Carlile's two henchmen closed the door behind him. Slick recognized the two men with Carlile. One being Carlile's brother in law, and the other his step son. Carlile only brought his most trusted it seems, or the ones he planned to bait to Mathias. Crow sat at the back of the room quietly, if you couldn't see his large frame you wouldn't even know he was there.
"Well, have a seat," Mathias said, gesturing to the empty chair across from him. Slick stood back by the window. The moon illuminated the side of his face- his emotions now closed off. He wasn't the person who Kylie could speak to, and cry to right now. He was the person that Mathias would send to kill you.
"It's good to see you, old friend," Carlile smirked. Slick cringed, he wanted to hurt him.
"Let's get this over with, Carlile," Mathias said. The desk between them kept them both a few feet from each other. Mathias appeared the more composed.
"Yes, let's."
Carlile sat down with his two lackeys behind him. Slick eyed the two men in the back. They were incredibly calm. That put slick on alert.
"I think you know why we're here."
"No idea. I was hoping you could fill me in," Carlile smirked. He was treating this like a game. Mathias's anger grew, but he wouldn't let it show. Slick began to pace back and forth next to the window. Crow gave him a look that said, "calm down."
"Don't treat me like I'm a moron, Carlile. How much have you stolen?"
"I've never stolen off of you. In fact I'm hurt that you would Insinuate such a thing."
Mathias scowled, "I have your lackey on camera stealing at my port. Either give me back what you've stolen or war will be waged tonight."
Carlile smirked and pretended to be thinking.
"Everything you do is old school now, Mathias. Using the port, for example. Do you know how easy it was to infiltrate your operation? Too fucking easy," he chuckled. "You're getting too old, and it's time for you to step aside for a new leader."
Carlile has wanted Mathias's operation for years. He would have to go through Slick to get it.
"I would rather die than let you step into my shoes," Mathias said. He was calm. A lot calmer than slick.
"That can be arranged," Carlile said. A darkness clouding his eyes. All the playfulness from moments before were gone.
Mathias smirked, "make your choice, and make it quick. Peace or war?"
Carlile glared at Mathias. A darkness clouded his features. Slick noticed it immediately. The tension in the room seemed to shift.
Carlile stood and slowly leaned across the desk only inches from Mathias's face. He smirked, "I choose war."
Carlile very quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. Before anyone could react he shot Mathias in between his eyes. Slick saw blood hit the wall. It instantly brought back a memory he wanted to forget. How did he have a gun? They were searched. Slick roared and ran forward towards Carlile. Crow jumped to his feet and grabbed one of Carlile's associates and began hitting him. The man put up a hell of a fight. Carlile's other lackey grabbed Slick before he could wrap his hands around Carlile's neck. Carlile held a smirk on his face, "I look forward to facing you, Jesse." He gently smacked Slick's face, and laughed. A challenge, this was all a challenge.
Slick was practically blacking out. He never felt this level of anger or pain. He didn't even want to look in the direction of Mathias. He knew he was dead. There was no way he could survive a head shot.
Carlile's henchman shoved Slick back and he tripped over the chair falling back into it. Carlile kept his gun pointed at Slick, while they backed out of the room. He left the man that Crow beat. If he lived they could get some information out of him. Slick dropped to his knees and stared at the door. He wanted to scream, he wanted to chase Carlile but he stopped himself. Mathias always said, "have a plan." So that's what he'll do. He'll figure out a plan and then he'll take Carlile's life himself. His mind was reeling. He still didn't look at Mathias, but he could see the blood pooling at the other side of the desk. Too much blood to survive.
"We have to go," Crow said and grabbed Slick's arm. Pulling him off of the floor. "If we've been betrayed then who knows what else they have up their sleeve."
Slick nodded, "you're right." He stood and grabbed the man off of the floor. He was still breathing, Carlile's brother in law it appeared. Crow really did a number on him. His entire head was practically black and blue. Slick pulled the guy over his shoulder and said, "let's go. Call blaze and tell him to meet us at the club. We have a lot to go over."
"What do you wanna do with Mathias?"
Slick felt a pang of hurt in his chest, he wouldn't cry here. Not in front of Crow.
"There's nothing we can do. We have to leave him."
Crow nodded, understanding, "let's go, man." Crow opened the door and they snuck down the side steps. Carlile's brother in law seemed to get heavier and heavier the further down they went. He almost wanted to just say fuck it and leave him, but he couldn't. When they reached the front lobby doors they ran as quickly as they could. No one was in the lobby, thank god. Once they got to the car Slick dropped the lackey in the trunk groaned. His shoulders were now killing him. Crow opened slick's door for him with a slight smirk, "here you go, boss."
Looks like it was no longer Mathias's crew, it was now Slick's. He wasn't sure if he was terrified or excited.
-------
Took a long time to get done. Sorry about that.
Instagram: magnoliastreett

Not edited