Chapter 5

It was time for the second event and we knew it involved haveing to hold our breath underwater, we where at the black lake as Dumbledore made his announcement then we all had to dive in. I had on a black onepice bathingsuit Ginny was next to me as I gave her my sweat pants. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for that cold water "be careful" she said as I smiled at her and George I tied my hair into a ponytail and heard the sound off to start, Harry ate his gillyweed and jumped in then I ran off behind him when I heard my name being called. As I hit the water I realized I never ate my gillyweed so struggling to hold my breath I was ready to swim to the surface when suddenly I felt as though I could breath. I looked around and Harry looked at me surprised, I just continued to swim to where we figured we had to go and that's when I saw our friends under here, I saw Hermione, Ron, Gabrielle, cho. Approching who I figured was my hostage to save I couldn't help but be confused "Fred" I said before finding a rock to cut him loose when I heard Harry try to save more than one but was stopped by the Merman hissing he could only take one, soon every one but Fleur got their hostage I quickly surfaced with Fred handing him to his brother on the pier and diving back down as everyone called for me. When I arrived Harry was struggling with both Ron and Fleur sister "I'll hold them off go!" I said quickly as Harry looked at me concerned about to argue "MOVE IT POTTER!" I yelled as he swam off with them leaving me to deal with the Merman that where chasing him.
I tried manuvering away from but one hit me on my back, I could feel the sting from the gash they caused but kept trying to push them back. As they swam at me I extended my hand and a forceful blast of water shoved them, I tried to use that to get out of the water quickly so adding all my strength to my legs I pushed up with a force shooting me out of the water.as I was barely above the water I was pulled back down by a spear, turning around i shot them with more water to shove them back but i got overwhelmed by their constant slashes.

George POV

I saw Camila resurface and her usual brown eyes where a vibrant Blue as she handed Fred to me, but she quickly dived back down "CAMILA!" Hermione and I both screamed as she vanished I looked at Fred who was now looking at where she dissapeared to "good I hope Potter and Vandort both drown down there" I heard Malfoy say causing me to glare at him. Fred was standing next to me as I looked at him confused "why where you down there?" I asked as he turned to me "well if you want to be technical you where supposed to be down there i just eneded up taking your place" Fred said with a laugh causing me to be even more confused "it's amazing how Camila can so easily tell us apart but nobody else can" he said as we saw Harry surface with Ron and Gabrielle. We helped them back onto the pier and look towards the water concerned "she stayed behind to hold them off so I could get them all up here I'm not sure if shes alright" harry said trying to catch his breath. I was about to jump in when we saw a whirlpool in the water, when it stopped Camila surfaced trying to swim to us but was dragged back down as I was going to jump in Snape held me back "No she must do this on her own we may not interfere" Dumbledore said as we all looked at the water concerned. Then the water parted and she was trying to crawl back to the dock, she reached us and I extended my hand but as I pulled her up the water went back to normal and the Merman almost pulled her back until I jerked her up as fast as I could. She laid on me out of breath as Madem Pomfrey hurried over to us, I looked at her eyes that where slowly changing back to brown. Snape helped her up as they checked her over she was full of gashes but nothing to serious. Soon it was said Harry and Cedric where tied for first and Camila was tied with Krum for Second, we all got on the boats and Camila was shivering as she clung to her towel trying to keep warm "why did you fight them off" Harry asked her I could tell she had an answer but didnt want to say it "what are friends for right" she replied with a small smile causing us all to frown.

Camilas POV

I couldn't seem to get warm as I held my blanket close to me as I shivered on the couch, Fred was on my left wrapped in his own blanket "I'm bloddy freezing" he said as i laughed "why where you down there to start with" I questioned he looked at George who was on my right with a smirk then looked back at me "well it was George who was meant to be down there but my curiosity got the better of me and I ended up taking his place and next thing I know I'm waking up shivering on the pier as you dive back into freezing water" he said causing me to look at George speechless. I turned back to him "honestly women you must be completely mad to have gone back under" Fred stated looking at me amused "well it seemed as though Harry needed help so I helped" I stated turning back to the fire "but at what cost" said George "I'm alive arent I that's good enough" I responded back not looking at either of them. Honestly since George and I shared that kiss I haven't really spent anytime alone with him and I dont think I was quite ready for that yet god only know what would happen. Fred left for bed and Harrry and them where relaxing seeing as the next event was in June on the 24th we had some time to recover and not worry about another near death experience. George and I sat on the couch in complete silence as I watched the fire dance about "you know I cant seem to get the image of you crawling back to the pier out of my head" George said causing me to look at him for a moment before turning back to the fire "I'm fine I'm alive" I said softly hoping he would drop it "yes but what if it had been worse.. I was terrified if I'm being honest" he said causing me to look at him surprised "George I appreciate your concern but I can handle myself so dont worry to much about me" I said softly as he turned to me as I gave him a small smile. We sat there for awhile longer before I stood up "well off to bed then it's been a long day goodnight George" I said as I kissed his cheek before heading up to my room. I got into bed and just hoped that he could stop worry over me until sleep finally consumed me.