Chapter 1

“It’s not right.” Error mumbled as he paced. This ‘guardian’ could ruin everything he just spent a few years working on. He built the balance of the multiverse back from almost nothing and now this ‘guardian’, this soulless monstrosity, could ruin it.
“He’s sitting there, helping those reckless ‘creators’ destroy their balance and he doesn’t even bat an eye!” Error reached up and began to tug strings out of his eyes will he raged.
“No… no… I can handle this. I can handle this. I’ll just have to destroy a bit more to keep the majority of worlds safe.” He whispered to himself again before opening a glitchy portal underneath him. He wasn't bothered when he fell through the portal and moved to land on his feet. 
Ink was still working on the AU. With a slightly more clear mind, Error was able to notice the paint splatter on the ‘guardian’s cheek. He also seemed to use a smaller paintbrush at times to work on the closer details.
“Why do you help them?” Error called out and the ‘guardian’ turned with a smile. Error knew that smile would fade one day and that actually hurt him.
“Because it’s my job! They asked me to!” Ink said with a smile and Error grimaced. Following the creators? Helping them just because they asked? That surprisingly shocked Error.
“I’d just say, the creators will never do anything for you. They never did anything for-“ Error went from feeling rage to standing blankly without a clue what he was saying. Who did they do nothing for? He had no clue.
“Well… I’m different. I’m their guardian.” Ink grinned and went back to work. Error narrowed his eyes.
“Too much creation and things start to disappear. Worlds fall apart. People die. And it could be easily avoided.” He huffed and Ink rolled his eyelights.
“Whatever. They help me, I help them.” Ink responded and Error walked away. Error covered his head and sighed.
“Why does it scare me so much?” He mumbled as he opened a portal to his space in the antivoid. He looked at the hammock he had in his area before moving to flop in it, rubbing his eyes.
“God… why does he… seem familiar to me?” He seemed so confused. Too many ideas running through his head and he just allowed himself to scream out.

“Error? Why the hell is the negativity here so strong-“ Nightmare froze when he saw Error, curled in his hammock. He had obviously crashed and immediately the negative guardian frowned.
“Good god… you haven’t crashed since…” suddenly his face twisted into a frown. He couldn’t remember the last time Error had crashed and that suddenly really bothered him.
“Whatever… you don’t live here anymore my friend. Whatever had you so panicked is gone now.” He used his tentacles to pick Error up before carrying him back home. 
“Whatever happened, let’s hope it doesn’t happen again.” Nightmare moved to lay his friend down in his room before sighing and walking away.
This was gonna be interesting to tell his others.