The Beginning of the End- Dangerous Boy

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back!

I am sorry that I did not update soon then I wanted to. I have been terribly busy for the past couple of months, even more. I know we are in a crisis with this virus going around. Hopefully, this chapter will be a relief and peace for you.

It will be a while for my next chapter, so plead be patient with me. I will do my best to update soon.

Also, today is a special day because... IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!

The next chapter after this one will be the last of The Beginning of the End. We will find out Mordred's fate! What do you think Sam will do? Tell me in the review!

Also, please check out my YouTube channel. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

SAM'S POV

I couldn't sleep last night. All I was thinking about was what the dragon said to me.

"You think you should know that letting the boy live will lead to disaster. If the boy lives and grows up, then it'll be your fault for the destruction of Camelot. Arthur will die if the boy lives."

What if he was right? I mean, I have seen the show. I have read the story of 'King Arthur.' I know this innocent little boy will grow up and kill the future king. I could stop it by killing Mordred and Arthur would be safe.

However, that one word shook me to the core... kill. Am I a murderer? I felt sick to my stomach as I pictured the boy pleading for his life as I looked at his eyes. I feel guilty for even listening to the dragon. Maybe I can figure out a way to save both Arthur AND Mordred. I still have time before he turns 'evil.'

As we swiftly walked to Morgana's chambers, Merlin noticed my behavior.

"Sam, are you feeling ok? You look like you did not get any sleep last night," he whispered to me.

I answered him by yawning. "Sorry, I just got a lot on my mind. Don't worry about me."

I could tell he wanted to say more, but I was thankful Merlin kept his mouth shut. When we finally got to Morgana's chambers, Merlin knocked on the door and said, "It's Merlin and Sam."

We waited a few moments before Gwen opened the door. She sighed and said as we entered the room.

"Thank goodness you are here. It doesn't look good," she said to us.

I rushed over to Morgana as she continued to whip away Mordred's sweat.

"How is he doing Morgana," I asked as I knelt down.

Morgana shook her head as she replied, "He's getting weaker. Whatever Merlin did yesterday, it hasn't worked." She turned her head and said to my brother, "We have to ask Gaius for his help."

Merlin's eyes grew with fear. I knew what he was thinking. If Gaius found out we were hiding the boy... I don't even want to think about it. Morgana can see we were both in distress as she cried out sternly, "After all you've done, you can't give up now! Please! If he doesn't receive treatment, he'll die!"

I looked back at Mordred to see his body was whiter than yesterday. His eyes were glossy, and he was shaking like a chihuahua. The dragon's voice was still in my head. I took a deep breath and looked back at Merlin.

"We have to get Gaius. We can't let an innocent boy die. It's the right thing to do," I said to Merlin.

He nodded his head and said, "Ok, I will get him. Sam, stay here if Morgana and Gwen need any help with the boy."