Seven

HAZEL

You were sitting on the couch eating a pint of vanilla ice cream watching a movie with Jasmine, waiting for the food to be delivered. Taking another scoop of ice cream, you saw your phone light up. You glared at the phone a moment and realized it was a Facetime call from Erik. An irritated facial expression came to Jasmine's face, "You gone answer that? We getting to the good part sis?" she questioned. "Erik's Facetiming me" you say nervously. Jasmine sighed, appearing annoyed, "See what he wants sis. I'll be here when you get back" she encouraged.

Sliding the bar on your phone to accept the call, you lifted from the couch and took your ice cream with you to your room. Closing the door behind you, you sat comfortably on the bed and looked at Erik on the screen. "Hey" Erik said calmly. "Hi" you reply scooping another spoonful. "You busy? Took you a minute to answer" Erik questioned. "I was actually watching a movie with Jasmine. We were having quality time" you scoff. Erik brushed his beard, "I didn't mean to disturb. I was wondering if you had any plans for the rest of the night" he says. "I don't but-" "I wanna talk. Just you and me. Tonight. My place" Erik abruptly interjected. You furrowed your brow, "Erik, we've talked already there's nothing else to be said." You replied, placing your empty pint on the nightstand. "There's a lot that needs to be discussed Hazel. And I don't want to do it like this. Not over the phone" Erik admitted.

You sighed in frustration and shrugged your shoulders, "I don't want to deal with Adonis and the possibility of things going left between you and I" you admitted. "And it won't. I have it taken care of. Adonis will stay with Jasmine for the night at the house with her, and you'll be with me. All night. Just us two" Erik smirked slightly. "I need to think about that E. Given our last encounter, I'm not sure if we should spend that much time together, alone" you argued. Erik smiled as if what you said didn't matter at all. You expressed your annoyance by the look on your face. "Look, if you wanna tell Jasmine that she isn't having the house to herself tonight because you don't wanna come see me that's up to you. But Adonis already made arrangements to be with her tonight" Erik said. Defeated, you sighed "Aight, whatever E" "I'll be there in 30. Pack a swimsuit in your duffle" he said before hanging up.

Leaving your phone on the bed you walked into the living room and found Jasmine eating her plate of food. "Is there something you need to tell me Jas?" you questioned. "Like what?" she asked sucking the hot sauce off of her fingers from the hot wings. "Adonis staying here tonight" you said. "Oh" Jasmine said with a smile, taking the napkin and wiping her hands. "Yeah, about that..." she started. "Oh yeah, you forgot about the part where Erik pushed Adonis off on you for the night so that I could be with him!" I yelled. Jasmine rose from her seat, "Chill Hazel. Adonis didn't mention any of that to me. He said he wanted to spend some alone time with me tonight and he asked if I knew where you'd be. I told him I wasn't sure but I told him that I would check with you first before making any plans" Jasmine explained. "Bullshit!" you yelled. "Erik told me that I couldn't change my mind about staying with him tonight because Adonis would already be here. He said that if I wasn't cool with it, I would need to talk to you about it. I know damn well you won't turn Adonis down!" You yelled again.

"Hazel calm down alright? If you don't feel comfortable I'll just tell Adonis that I'll just chill at his place. If it bothers you that much. I just... I didn't know honestly. But, what's the plan with Erik tonight?" Jasmine asked attempting to smooth things over. "He said he wants to talk, he said he'd be here in 30 to come get me." You said lowly, "What are you waiting for?! Sis go pack your bag. Just listen to what he has to say, and if you're not feeling it just come home. If it's late and you think you can wait it out, just sleep in another room. But call me. I don't care if me and Adonis are busy. I'm here for you" Jasmine encouraged. I shook my head in disbelief, her ass ain't gone be worried about me once Adonis gets here.