Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Senator's white polo was crumpled and his curly hair was a huge disheveled mess. The strap of Congresswoman's yellow gown fell on her shoulder and her red lipstick was smudged all over her face. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Mukhang hindi lang ata ako ang nagulat dahil maging sila ay nanlaki ang mata nang malamang hindi sila nag-iisa sa restroom na ito.

"Hija, I -"

I immediately cut her off. "Don't worry po. I didn't see anything." I quickly said before turning around to leave the bathroom. Huminto ako sa gilid ng entrance ng banyo at sumandal sa pader. Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala sa nakitang pangyayari.

"What the hell, Jose?! I thought you locked the door?! How could you be so careless?!"

"It's fine. She has no evidence of what happened."

"How sure are you, huh? What if she talks—"

"Hindi siya magsasalita. That's Sebastian's friend, okay? I doubt she'd have the guts to break her own friend's heart. Just fix yourself at aakyat na tayo. Hinahanap na ako ni Xavina."

I took that as my cue to leave. I don't know how I'm gonna look Xavier in the eye after all this.

Senator's right though. I'm a'lot of things, but I'd never dare tell Xavier about this. Not because I'm a coward, but because it should come from Senator himself. It's wrong to meddle with another family's problems.

Tuliro pa rin ako habang naglalakad paakyat sa ballroom. I never expected I'd meet Congresswoman Juarez this way. And never in my entire life did I think Xavier's dad would have an affair with the very woman I swore to destroy.

Everything just got more complicated.

Now even Xavier's father is involved in the equation.

Pagkapasok ko sa entrance ng hall, agad na lumapit sa akin si Xavina. "Ate Andra! You look so beautiful tonight, my gosh! You and my Kuya are so bagay talaga especially kanina when you were slow dancing! I ship you guys more than that Santino dude." Natawa nalang ako. She even said Santi's name with a hint of disgust!

Xavier, pati ba naman sarili mong kapatid, inimpluwensyahan mo ng galit mo kay Santino?!

"Ikaw talaga, ang dami mong kalokohan. Mana ka talaga sa kuya mo!" Kinurot ko siya sa pisngi kaya agad niya namang tinapik ang kamay ko. "Asan na nga pala si Xavier?"

"Oh, he went looking for dad. Dad wasn't answering my calls kasi eh."

Your dad wasn't answering your calls because he's busy shoving his mouth on a married woman's lips.

Guilt automatically washed through me after I remembered what I witnessed awhile ago. Pero mas nanindig pa rin ang paniniwala kong protektahan sila. Lalo na si Xavina. It would hurt her more if I would be the one to break the news to her.

She's too young to know about her father's mischiefs. I'd rather just save her from the heartaches.

At least for now. Maybe when she's older, she'd know.

"Anyway, I'll get going, Ate Andra! Nasa lobby na daw si Kuya and Dad. Tell Kuya to bring me with him the next time you guys go out, okay?" She said cutely before waving and leaving me behind. Pinanood ko siyang umalis ng ballroom entrance nang nagvibrate ang cellphone ko sa purse.

Santino:

Where are you? My parents want to meet you. We're just by the front stage.

Me: