Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It's 10: 57 pm. I still have 5 cases to digest. I should be heading home by now.

But I'm not.

I found myself driving back to Xavier's condo in Pasig. Hindi ko din alam kung bakit ko to ginagawa. I have better things to do with my time.... yet here I am.

Dumaan muna ako sa isang fast food restaurant para bilhan siya ng pagkain... mukhang hindi naman kasi marunong magluto yang si Xavier. Isa pa, nang buksan ko yung fridge niya kanina, puro alak lang laman. This boy is really spoiled beyond belief.

I confidently walked inside the lobby, still glad the guards haven't noticed I'm not really a resident here. Dala-dala ko yung fast food sa isang kamay habang sa kabilang kamay naman ang mga reviewers na ginawa ko. He missed out on three days worth of classes. I'll just review him on these at baka barahin pa siya ng profs namin dahil wala siyang masagot.

I rang the bell before waiting for him to open the door. Nagulat nalang ako nang bumukas ang pinto at isang babae ang bumungad sa akin. She's really pretty... golden tan skin, long wavy hair and a friendly smile on her face. She was wearing pink satin nightdress, looking like she came from the shower and was about to sleep.

"Hi! Seb didn't tell me he's expecting visitors tonight, hindi man lang ako nakapag-ayos." She answered, a wide smile still plastered on her face.

"Seb?" Sino si Seb?

"Oh, Sebastian! That's my nickname for him! I've been calling him that since we were like 7 or something."

Sebastian nga pala ang tawag sakaniya ng mga kaibigan at pamilya niya. I wonder why he makes me call him Xavier instead. Odd.

"Are you his friend? Do you want me to call him? He's eating dinner lang right now."

Agad akong napatingin sa paper bag na hawak ko at tinago iyon sa likod ko. May pagkain naman pala siya, bumili pa ako ng fast food. I went back here because I felt bad for leaving him alone.... but I guess he's already being taken care of by this girl.

"Miss?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when she opened the door wider. "Do you want to go inside? I cooked too much food, you should eat with us!"

"No, it's fine. I just went here to give these reviewers to him." Inabot ko sakaniya yung envelope bago naghandang umalis. "Anyway, I'll get going now... it was nice meeting you." I smiled before leaving her, not even waiting to hear her respond anymore. I even heard the girl ask for my name but I didn't mind her and headed straight to the elevator.

Stupid, Alexandria. Pumunta-punta ka pa kasi dito, ano naman kung walang nagbabantay kay Xavier? Since when did you care so much about him?

Once I got home, I immediately plopped on my bed and scrolled through my instagram feed. Xavier posted an instagram story with the girl I met awhile ago. I felt my eyebrows furrow as I read the caption.

"She cooks the best food. Thanks for taking care of me. Missed you @MichaelaAngela."

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my mom speak. "Alexandria, what's wrong? Why is your face scrunched like that? Kanina pa kita tinatawag." Huh? Had I been staring at the photo for too long? "Sorry, nothing Mom. I'm just reading something." I said before standing up to follow her down the dinner table where Dad was.

"Alright. Now tell us about the dinner with the Rodriguez. Any updates? Did they mention your brother?"

Sabi na eh. The only reason they even bothered talking to me is because of the dinner. Had I not met the Rodriguez family today, my parents wouldn't even bother talking to me. They wouldn't even acknowledge that I got home.