CHAPTER 1

Tom's POV:

I walk in to on call room to take a nap after a long craniotomy and see a woman in the on call room crying.

Tom: Oh, uhm I'm sorry didn't think anyone was in here, I'll leave. Are you ok though? I'm Tom, nice to meet you I just got a job here.

Woman: *wipes her tears away quickly* Yeah I'm fine, just a little distraught.

The woman laughs softly and looks away.

Woman: My patient died, but it's fine I guess. Don't know where I went wrong in the surgery.

Tom: Oh I'm sorry! Not every surgery goes well sometimes. Did you guys know each other? Were you close or something?

Woman: Yeah uhm she was my best friend in college. *holding back her tears* We did everything together. She was kinda like my person.

Tom: Oh my god I'm so sorry for your loss. I- I didn't catch your name?

Woman: Im Teddy, Teddy Altman. Head of Cardio.

Tom: Nice to meet you Teddy! I just started here. I don't really know how the on call rooms work.

*Teddy and Tom lock eyes*

There bodies slowly move closer..

*BEEP BEEP*

Me and Teddy both jump to the sound of someone being paged.

Tom: I- uhm... sorry I have to go.

Tom: Hey I got paged?

Other Woman: Yeah I paged you. Do you work here? I thought I knew everyone here?

Tom: Yeah I started today Head of Neurosurgery. The names Tom.

Other Woman: Ah ok nice as fun as it is to get to know you I really need help with stabilizing this patient she keeps crashing.

Tom: Right sorry. Have you ordered a head ct? We need to make sure she doesn't have anything wrong up there

Other Woman: Yeah it's backed up.

Tom: I'll go ask them to rush it and that we have a critical patient!

Other Woman: Thank you! I'm Meredith Grey by the way.

Teddy's POV:

*FLASHBACKS*

Henry: I you teddy and I want to marry you *pulls out ring*

Teddy: I- Henry. Yes, yes of course!

Henry: Wow! How did I get to marry you I'm so lucky. I'm gonna go make some eggs do you want any?

Teddy: You realize they make them for you here. Your so funny!

Henry: Oh yes I forgot I'm just so used to cooking I love it.

*Distorted*

He's dead Henry is dead.

Teddy *Present Time*:
Yeah right he's dead.

Teddy's POV:

I don't know what came over me. I almost kissed a man who I barely know, I'm still not over Henry. I know one day imma have to move on, but today isn't that day. Today I lost Sara, my long time best friend. I couldn't believe it when I heard her heart line flatten. Does the universe want me to be miserable?

I hear a sudden knock at the door and snap out of my thoughts.

Teddy: Who's there?

Amelia: It's Amelia. Everything ok? I haven't seen you seen you ran out of the OR, can I come in?