The note fell out of my hand as I froze in my place, unable to move. Fear slowly creeping up my nerves.

He knows where I live.

My first instinct was to protect Sandra, so I ran into her room, only to find her sleeping peacefully. Only then I felt a bit better. I covered her with the blanket and kissed her forehead before heading out.

That bastard wants me to panick.

But I'll show him I am not just scared lady. The first thing I do is to call police and inform them about the note and file a complaint about harrasment. Then I call Jhonny, hoping he'll be with Ruby. Fortunately he is.

"Hey Jhonny I want you guys to come upstairs. It's urgent." I say.

"Good thing you called, I was about to head home. We'll be right up." He said and hung up.
Just as I was drinking a glass of water to calm my nerves, Ruby came bustling in with the spare key in her hand, followed by Jhonny. He saw the note still on the floor, he picked it up and as he finished, he was fuming with rage. Ruby took the note from his hands and read and stood shocked.
The silence descended in the room was almost unearthly. Jhonny was angry but he also seemed to be thinking something, while Ruby tried to overcome her shock, but miserably failing.
The silence made my nerves freeze again. All three of us stood like that for a good five minutes when Jhonny took out his phone and typed a message,
I have a feeling that he might have bugged the place. Take Sandra and let's go downstairs. Just nod your heads in answer.

Ruby and I nodded and I picked up Sandra and we all headed  downstairs. Once we were in Ruby's apartment, I felt a bit better that before.

''You can lay her down in my bedroom." Ruby said pointing to a still sleeping Sandra.

"Thanks." I say and head towards her bedroom. I put her down and tuck her again. She doesn't even stir. I sit beside her as I need sometime to gather my thoughts.
As I head outside, I see Jhonny near the window, talking on the phone with God knows who and Ruby is on her couch with her head in her hands. I join her and she hugs me, surprising me.

"Thank God you guys are safe. I was too shocked earlier to say anything." She says almost sobbing.

"I am just glad that Sandra is fine." I say.
Just then Jhonny came towards us.

"I am sending a bunch of my guys to check your house and see if it's really bugged or not. And I am thinking of changing the locks?" He says with authority.

"That's fine. But what are we gonna do now?" I ask.

"Well for tonight you can sleep with Ruby, if it's okay with her." He said and turned to Ruby.

"You are welcomed here anytime Carol, you know that." She says rubbing my back.

"Jhonny I think we should dig a little deeper into his pasts to gather more evidence." My tone firm but the anxiety growing inside me.

"Yes, I already called my guy and told him this." He says getting up.
"I am heading home now, but if anything, and I mean literally anytime happens, I am just a call away." He hugs me and kissed Ruby on the cheek before going.

Ruby and I open a bottle of Sancerre to calm down our anxiety. We drink in silence, she is lost in her thoughts while I am lost in mine.

We three have our own dark pasts. Maybe that's why we bonded so well together that we call ourselves family.

Ruby had a neglecting mother whose care was as fake as her silicone boobs. While her mother was happily enjoying adultery in her marriage, her father once seduced Ruby and started abusing her since. It was not until Ruby was eighteen, she ran away from home. Her parents couldn't care less, as no one came to search her. Hence, she has no belive in love. Lust is the only feeling she was ever exposed to.

Johnny's patents had left him on the gate of an orphanage, in the middle of the night when he was only three years old. When he was about fifteen, he heard some children talking about him and how he was abandoned, since then he started engaging with the dark and dirty side of this world. He still thinks that he is so buried inside this dirt, that only death can release him.

"Mommy?" Sandra's voice brought me out of my thoughts, as she came outside rubbing her eyes.

"Yes sweetie?" I ask, smiling at her.

"Why are we at aunt Ruby's house?" She asks looking around.
Ruby and I share a look.

"It's because your mom and I decided to have a girl's night out." Ruby answers her before I can.

"What's that?'' she asks as if fascinated.

"It's when all the girls gather and do fun stuff like play games, watch movies, or cook something yummy and then finally go to sleep." Ruby explains while Sandra listens as if it's the most important and interesting thing on earth.

"Will uncle Jhonny come too?" Sandra asked after a beat.

"No darling, only girls are allowed in a girl's night out. Boys only mess everything up." Ruby said smilingly but I knew what she was thinking.

"Okay we'll stop with the class right there. What are we gonna do today aunt Ruby?" I say before Ruby tells any more unnecessary information to my baby.

"Let's make dinner first, and then we'll decide." Ruby said snorting.
I have her a pointed took and she only winked in return, making me roll my eyes.

We only made cookies though as we played a lot while making it, we became tired to cook anything else.
Ruby suggested that we order pizza which Sandra heard and started to jump and I had to order pizza, garlic breadsticks, choco lava cake, spicy chicken wings and finally coke.
I don't mind actually, I am famished too.

Ruby pulled out the 'Frozen' DVD out and Sandra looked at it as if it was some kind of crowned jewel.
Why she has the DVD of a kids Disney movie, I don't know.

As we were all set to watch the movie, our food came and we had a memorable time afterwards.
Ruby and I seemed to have forgotten today's bizzare events as the three of us sleep huddled together on the couch itself, gradually falling asleep.