Chapter 1: Arrival (1)

When I woke up, I was already surrounded by the shades of green, the smell of grass, the sounds of the water, and the warmth of the sun - all of which I have only experienced through the numerous books I read back at home is now, here, right in front of me.

It's pretty and kind of refreshing that I see something different from the white walls back at my place.

...But

Where the heck am I?

Calm down, Sei. Think. Panicking won't do you anything useful.

As my eyes wandered around to look for clues, I realized that my hands and body were touching an unfamiliar fabric.

"My clothing... How did I get changed into a kimono?"

Not only the clothing material, but my hair color had changed from black to a light blue color. What type of sorcery is this?

As I stood up to straighten the wine-colored fabric and re-tie my Obi with the white apron, weird thoughts flew into my mind.

From how my appearance was changed, to the fact that I was here, nothing of it made sense.

Was this a kidnapping case? But even if it was a kidnapping case, it was way too odd.

How were they able to get into my house and transport me to this location without me waking up? Not only so, but there was also no sign of tying me up and injuries on my body. No dizziness what-so-ever and my body feel perfectly healthy. If they did anything to my body, I am sure that I should have felt the effects once I woke up. But I feel fine, no, maybe even better than before.

It also strikes me strangely, for why do they have to change me into a kimono and dye my hair blue? If this was a kidnapping case, the person who commands all of this has a weird taste.

*coughs*

As I regained my composure, I could sense a foul smell making its way into my nose.

Instantly, my eyebrow drew to each other, and I could feel the anxiety stemming inside me.

What was this charcoal-like smell? Was it from the kidnappers? Or was it something else? Any case, approaching those with that smell of trouble can't be well anyway, I should go somewhere further away from this smell.

After walking for a while, I found myself in a cave behind a waterfall.

As I sat on a chair-like rock, humming, like what I usually do at home, I thought a place with lots of icy breezes like this really helps to soothe my heart down.

But what should I do?

[Abnormalities are found in your presence!]

Ever since I arrived here, different notifications keep buzzing me non-stop, and I do not understand where it came from nor how to stop it.

Hair dyed, outfit changed, and then the weird game-like screens. Everything that happened so far was so mind-blowing that it seems like a dream.

Wait....a dream?

Ah, I see now. I must have been inside a dream!

And this phenomenon where I can control my body while I'm dreaming... Wasn't it called lucid dreaming?

How interesting.

This had never happened to me, and I guess it made sense since dreams are a mystery. There were lots of debates about dreams, and most of them said that you can only dream about something you have seen before. But then, if that is true, how did I imagine this scenery?