❝ 𝗕𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛 𝗥𝗨𝗕𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗦 ꒷꒥꒷꒥꒷

“IT WAS NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE

“IT WAS NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE. Crynn, go for a while. Iʼm going to change. Along with that, wait for me outside the manor.”

Crynn hardly flinched at Agueroʼs cold words, her kind gaze unwavered as she tattered away. “Of course, young master. What is it you need outside? I shall fetch it for you alone, if you wish,” she smiled, decorated in warmth, as if to oppose all of Agueroʼs distant and emotionless speeches.

“No. So now go, Iʼll call for you once I need you again—”

“Ah, yes. I apologise for my insistence.” Aguero had not bothered to hear more of it. “I neednʼt here no more, then I must leave you alone to yourself.”

Aguero sighed. “Great. Now do so as I told.”

Finally the servant left him. His tongue clicked, and his eyes narrowed, not averting away from the door. For all his impatience, he snapped his eyes lidded and let out a heavy rasp. “Oh dear god, I almost forgot how insistent that lady is.”

“I hadnʼt even met Bam yet, and now I feel like lecturing someone so early in the day.”

“Argh! What an awful start to the damned morning! I just wanted to help Bam, not go through all this shit again.”

“Ah, that Maria incident too. Fuck.”

“Someone help me survive this.”

Aguero hopped out of bed as the wayward glow of morning sun cleared his room with even more luminaries. He could now smell the minty scent of his clothes prepared at his side.

He began to change, the usual white dress shirt and black dress pants, black necktie simply set to his front, his hair too, he tied into a ponytail. He was still tired and if anything, stressed — only a few minutes to his day, and he himself, had his patience run down quick. Strange glances he gained from Kiseia and his older sister covered their breakfast, and his mother worried for the morning complaints he yelled out in mixture of foreign accoutrements over Crynnʼs persuading, strained, he was slowly close to snapping at his family. A smile tugged to Crynnʼs lips upon meeting her master outside after the morning meal, his knife laying at the palms of her hands. She leaned against the wall beside the gigantic doors of the Khun familyʼs manor.

“Iʼm wondering why you had brought that blade along,” the boy said. “Weʼre digging down a cave. Hardly any assassinations to be done, lady.”

The femaleʼs mouth hung agape. “Well I never! Young master, why must we dig down caves? Besides,” she added, “you would dirt your neat clothes!”

“I need to find someone. See, if you stop asking questions, this job would have been done already.”

“I apologise for causing delay, young master. And who may this person be? Why must they be beneath cave rubbish?”

“Whom do you associate with who lives on rubbles?” the servant followed his steps as she hurriedly sent a tsunami of questions. “Has this person brung you trouble, young master?”

“His eyes, they are gold and innocent — I believe youʼd say he is the opposite of what you speak when you see him. And so, we need to look for the hollows of the pavements. Yes, a cave, somewhere along our manor.”

“... Him? Along the pavements of your manor, sire?” she mumbled, slowly turning to the silver blue haired child. “Young master, you seem to be speaking of sentiment about this boy.”

“Indeed. And itʼs not anymore of your concern in what way I speak of him, Bam is my concern, not yours.”

A grin then tugged Agueroʼs thin, pale lips upon speaking of the golden boy. “And, more work and less talk now, Crynn. Help me look for him instead!”

beneath rubbles ፧ end ,,