seven

*short chapter*

"Are you serious?" Seungmin questioned "Why should we lock them up inside? Do you know how risky that is?"

"Oh it's nothing new. I've done this a lot of times. Trust me, it works like a charm." Hueningkai said, a glint of mischief in his eyes as he spun the little key in his finger.

"You really think this is gonna work?" Seungmin furrowed his brows. He massaged his temples. If he had known that joining the Journalism Club would lead to this kind of bullshit, he never would have joined. But yeah, he ended up being part of the Club anyway.

"Yeah, I don't think you should be doing this, Hyuka. Taehyun will totes kill you once he finds out." Jeongin warned the younger, feeling unsure about the situation.

"Both of you are such killjoys," Hueningkai scoffed, then sparing a glance towards his bestfriend "How about you Felix?"

"I'm in bro! I swear, you must've been a matchmaker in your past life." Felix raises his palm towards Hueningkai, asking for a high-five; To which he accepted.

"That's the spirit," Hueningkai laughed, pleased with Felix's reaction "This is why you're my partner-in-crime."

"If you want the both of them to get along and become all lovey dovey or whatever, maybe you should've tried to make a decent plan. You can't just lock them up inside a room for an entire night." Soobin spat out

"I second that." Seungmin nodded in agreement.

"I third that, if that term even exists." Jeongin shrugged.

"Oh come on. Think of it as a blind date. Besides, they're both obviously whipped for each other, so I don't get what's wrong with it," Felix defended, placing his arm around Hueningkai's shoulder "My man here, is a total genius. This plan is perfection. What's so wrong about it Soobin-hyung? Do you not like the idea of Beomgyu being with another guy?"

Soobin could only scoff in disbelief, trying his best not to panic "F-Fine, go with whatever you want to do. But if the school authorities know about this, I'm not taking the blame."

"Did you just stutter?" Hueningkai teased, making the elder blush in embarrassment.

"I did n-not." Soobin retorted, hiding his cheeks that were tinted with a reddish color.

"He definitely did." Felix answered, smirking.

"Oh shut up!" Shouted Soobin as he huffed in annoyance

"What are you gonna do if someone finds out about this, huh?" Seungmin crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, they'll never find out. And I'll pretend that I didn't see Soobin-hyung all flustered when I mentioned Beomgyu-hyung." Said Hueningkai as he pressed his index finger onto his lips. Soobin smacked Hueningkai's shoulder, earning a groan from the younger.

"I swear-" Before Soobin could even finish his sentence, Hueningkai had the audacity to interrupt him.

"I'm going to lock the door now." Hueningkai sneakily locked the door shut, trying his best to hold back his laughter. After he did, he quickly sprinted away, releasing out small laughs as he did.

"Yah! You traitor! How dare you leave without me!" Felix exclaimed, grabbing his bags and set off to catch Hueningkai.

"Whatever, I'm out," Uttered Seungmin as he took a deep breath, composing himself before running away with all his might. He wasn't exactly the athletic type, so it was difficult for him.

"Yah hyung, don't leave me." Jeongin pouted "Soobin hyung, I'll go now. I'm sorry!"

And so Soobin remained in his spot as he watched the four boys slowly disappear from his sight. He wanted to run away too, but something inside him stopped him from doing so.

Various mixed emotions were spiraling around him as he stared at the door in front of him. But even he was confused on what he was feeling. A part of him wanted to bust the door open, but at the same time, he felt like it was just a waste of his time.

His fingers touched the cold metallic doorknob. But before he could even try banging it open, he loosens his grip.

He heaved out a heavy sigh as he hid his hands inside his pockets as he walked away from the door, accepting the fact that whatever he does, Beomgyu will never be his.

•struggles of being a writer•