eight

"And that's it!" Beomgyu exclaimed in excitement after he had finished editing small details as well as the structure of the newspaper "The only thing we need to do is print it out."

"We'll do that tomorrow." Taehyun stretches his long arms, his body groggily making it's way towards the door. He twists the doorknob only to realize that it wouldn't open "Why.. won't this open?"

Beomgyu-who was currently placing his things inside his backpack- turns his head to look at Taehyun, who was struggling to open the door.

"What's wrong?" Beomgyu casually swings his backpack onto his shoulder.

"The door won't budge," Taehyun hissed as the metal door scraped his palm "Where's the goddamn key?"

Taehyun rushed over to the cabinet, opening it as if his life depended on it. He checked the drawers, the tables, the shelf, everything. But no key was to be found.

He paused for a moment, then picked up his phone hiding inside his pocket as he dialed Hueningkai's number "Yah? Where are you?"

"What do you want hyung?" He heard the younger's voice, expecting for a hint of concern but all he could sense was mischief.

"Where's the key?" Asked Taehyun as he tried to control his temper "Didn't you realize that you freaking locked us inside?"

"Uhm, no I didn't. Sorry." Taehyun could imagine a mischievous smile plastered on Hueningkai's face on the other side of the phone.

"What trouble are you planning now?" Taehyun gritted his teeth, fuming with anger and embarrassment.

"You know me, hyung. Trouble is my middle name." Hueningkai said.

"I swear to God I will murder you the time I lay my eyes on you." Taehyun spoke in a deep and threatening tone.

"Yah! You should be thanking me, I'm giving you an opportunity!" Hueningkai shouted on the other side of the phone.

"Opportunity, my ass." Taehyun cursed, his eyes landed on Beomgyu, who was innocently watching him from behind. He quickly turns away, realizing the younger's intentions "Wait, what the hell? Did you just purposely lock the both of us here?"

"Figure that out for yourself." Hueningkai lets out a huge laugh, making Taehyun distance his ear away from his phone or else his chances of becoming deaf would broaden. Hueningkai's deafening dolphin laugh was the last thing he heard before the younger hung up on him.

"The disrespect." Taehyun glared at his phone before placing it back in his pocket.

"Wait, why aren't you opening the door?" Beomgyu points towards the door in confusion.

"Try opening it, then." Taehyun told him. Beomgyu quickly followed, but failed to make the door budge.

"Are we stuck?" Beomgyu questioned with wide eyes. He looked so cute in Taehyun's eyes,. but he prevented himself from releasing a chuckle or else it would have been obvious that he was whipped for Beomgyu.

Who wouldn't be whipped for Beomgyu anyway?

"Yes, we're stuck." Taehyun answered, trying to keep his calm.

"What are we gonna do?"

"There's nothing we can do. We'll have to wait until those bastards come and open the door for us."

Beomgyu gripped on his backpack tightly. Out of all people he could've been stuck with, he had to be stuck with Kang Taehyun.

And now was the time to panic.

Sweat began to fall from Taehyun's forehead, and so he wiped the sweat away using his hand. He was then started by Beomgyu gasping all of a sudden.

"Ah! You're bleeding!" Exclaimed Beomgyu, pointing towards his hand "And you also got blood smudged on your forehead. Aigoo."

Before Taehyun could even speak, Beomgyu dashed throughout the entire room. Once he found the emergency kit hidden inside one of their cabinets, Beomgyu quickly instructed Taehyun to take a seat.

"Now stay still." Beomgyu ordered as he took out betadine from the box. He coated his finger with the medicinal liquid, then slowly spreading it onto Taehyun's wound.

After that, he took out a piece of cloth. Beomgyu moved himself closer to Taehyun.

"H-hey, what are you doing?" Taehyun questioned, his face almost the same color as his hair.

"Be still, I'm just gonna wipe your head." With that being said, Beomgyu wiped of the little smudges crimson that covered Taehyun's forehead.

Beomgyu stayed still in his position, temporarily paralyzed. His mind went blank the second he realized how close they were. His heart began to race erratically inside his chest, it felt like it was gonna come out of his ribcage.

"So... are we just gonna stay like this?" Taehyun said, breaking the ice between them. Beomgyu also moved away from him, his face completely flustered.

"I-I'm sorry..." Beomgyu breathed, slapping himself in the cheeks, thinking that the heat in his cheeks will lessen once he does.

"I'm just gonna go and... find ourselves something to sleep on..." Taehyun said, immediately standing up.

"Why did you do that Choi Beomgyu? Why did you stare at him? Why are you so stupid?" Beomgyu smacked himself in the head, whispering all sorts of things that made him feel even more stupid.

"Thank god we still have these in store." Beomgyu snaps away from his thoughts to see Taehyun dragging what seemed like a sleeping bag.

"Are we actually gonna spend the night here?" Beomgyu asked once again.

"Yes, we are." Taehyun answered as he fixed the sleeping bags "We should sleep now. I already prepared your bed."

"Maybe later, I'm not sleepy yet." Beomgyu declined, removing his backpack that was hanging on his shoulder and placed it on the table "You can sleep first, then I'll follow."

"If you insist." Taehyun slowly places himself inside the sleeping bag. It didn't take him long to slip into slumber. And so Beomgyu was left all alone with mixed emotions.

•struggles of being a writer•