Lack of sleep might cause hallucination!!!

~✭✭

"So tired... Hahaha... I guess that is the phrase of the day... Haha...ha..." Gintoki was literally dragging his body along the street, unconsciously searching for something to get him out of his misery.

As he was walking, he saw something that caught his eye.

There was a sign in front of a restaurant that reads, "NEW CREATION! MATCHA WITH RED BEAN PARFAIT! AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE! *Limited supply!!!*"

Gintoki was already in front of the sign, not knowing how he got there in such a short time. "Am I dreaming now? Is this real? ...Yah-hoo! Maybe today won't be as bad as yesterday!"

With sudden high spirits, Gintoki walked into the restaurant, excited to try the new parfait.

While waiting for his order, Hijikata suddenly appeared, sitting across him. There was a cup of coffee and strawberry parfait on the table. Gintoki, finding it weird, rubbed his eyes. The scene before him disappeared.

At first, he didn't think too much about it until he saw both Hijikata and himself were in a dancing position, holding hands beside his table. He rubbed his eyes once again, then it disappeared.

He clutched his head and shook, "...hahaha...Hahaha... I must be going crazy. Why am I seeing all these?! Stop stop stop, must be hallucinating, probably from the lack of sleep. Y-yeah! That's right! Forget it, forget it!"

After Gintoki had finished his parfait, he walked out of the restaurant in high spirits again, as if what happened earlier on didn't occur at all. "Aahh... that was great. Never thought I would actually try any flavors other than strawberry but it was worth it!"

Strolling around with a full stomach, Gintoki then planned to go to the pachinko since he was feeling good after having good food. However, it won't be easy for him to do that (because I control the story).

Once again, Gintoki saw Hijikata and himself again! Handcuffed together, sneaking along the street to prevent arousing the target's suspicion and could clearly see both of them arguing.

He turned away and grimaced, "Crap... Why did I see that again? Am I going crazy? I already walked this street for years so why is this the memory that pops up?" He shook his head again and hurried off to the pachinko.

-A few hours later-

"Haaahh... Dammit! I was so close! Just a bit more and I would have won! I could have used that money to treat Kagura and Shinpachi to a meat buffet!" Devastated by his loss, Gintoki wandered about without a destination in mind until he reached the harbor.

Looking out to the dark sea, he sat down by the edge, "You two actually get along pretty well, don't you?" 

What Okita said yesterday repeated in his head but this time, Gintoki just scoffed and laughed, throwing his head back. "We do, huh? Maybe because we are similar... but because we are too similar, we fight and argue every time we see each other... That's funny..."

A while later, Gintoki decides to go back home. Standing up, he turned around and saw someone he has been seeing all day long.

Hijikata.

~✭✭