It's awkward to stop someone from leaving by holding their hand from behind!!!

~✭✭

Gintoki was taken aback then smiled a little, thinking that his mind was probably playing tricks on him again, so he decided to play along to put an end to it.

"...What are you doing here?"

Hijikata lights up a cigarette, smoke puffed out from his mouth. "I don't know. How about you? What are you doing here?"

"Wow! His voice is included as well? Amazing! I have officially gone crazy." Gintoki smirked, "Same reason as you. Well, nice seeing you, police officer. I'mma head back now, just in case I get arrested for loitering around a suspicious location... See ya."

Walking past Hijikata, Gintoki smelled something familiar; the usual smoke smell from Hijikata. This ensured Gintoki that the Hijikata standing in front of him was the real Hijikata. Then, he realised what was going on in his head. As a result, his face grew warmer so he quickened his steps to avoid any confrontation with the man now behind him.

To his surprise, someone caught his hand, stopping him from advancing. He looked down, didn't dare to turn around. Even though it was night time, he was still afraid (or maybe embarrassed) that Hijikata might see his expression.

Taking a deep breath, he tried to sound as nonchalant as possible, "...What? Can you please let go? I can't go home with you stopping me like this, and for your information, I was just enjoying the night sky, not doing anything illegal."

After a long pause, Gintoki felt suspicious of the person grabbing his hand. He might have been mistaken. Maybe it wasn't Hijikata, maybe it was just some drunk ass dude who's trying to pick a fight, but at the harbor though?

Right when he was going to turn around and say something, the person behind him spoke, "I've been thinking."

A pause.

"Of what Sougo said yesterday."

Another pause.

"About us getting along well... I think I agree to that but... how are we considered to be getting along well when all we do is fight and argue whenever we see each other? ...Maybe, just maybe! It's because we are similar. Too similar. That's what I thought."

Gintoki flinched,"Woah! Same thoughts? That's scary..."

Hijikata's hand tightened.

"Also! I was thinking..."

"Damn... why is this guy thinking so much for? Does he really have that much time to spare? Even I, Gin-san, didn't think as much as him."

"Why did I choose to drag you around with me in handcuffs when I could have just called someone else from the headquarters to help with the stakeout and uncuff us at the same time?"

Gintoki's face grew even warmer, hands starting to sweat, "Oh my god...! What is he saying?! What is he trying to say?! This is so embarrassing!! Can you please just let go of my hand?!! It's so awkward standing with my back facing you while you are talking! Just let me go? Okay okay! I'll listen to what you have to say, so at least let me turn around, would you??"

As in on cue, Hijikata let go of his hand.

Right when Gintoki thought it was over and he could finally relax, Hijikata grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. Taken by surprise, Gintoki was now looking straight at Hijikata, not moving a single muscle.

Hijikata's face was serious, unlike many times before. While Gintoki was busy staring, Hijikata's hands tightened even more on his shoulders.

"So...! What I'm trying to say is!"

Hijikata hesitated to speak for a moment, eventually giving in, "I wanted to spend more time with you! To know more about you! Not just to fight and argue with you all the time! ...It's fun but I still want to get closer to you in a friendlier way!"

One.

Two.

Three seconds passed.

It was short but seemed long to both of them.

Gintoki didn't know what to say. His mind was blank. He tried to say something but all that came out from his mouth was "okay".

After the silence was broken, Hijikata snapped out of his post "confession" trance (since he just blurted out his feelings) and let go of Gintoki.

"Uhm, s-sorry to keep you from going home... L-let's go, I'll walk with you since I'm going back as well."

"Y-yeah, sure!"

All that's left in the air was awkwardness and freshness.

-End-

And that's the end for this story! How was it?? I was actually worried since this idea/scenario popped up when I was trying to sleep. As I was writing this, I realised it kinda feels like a K-drama. Probably because I watched quite a few before this so there's like a feel to it. Next will be the "Author's Note" which you are not required to read if you don't want to. I just wanna say a few things. Well then! I shall see you again in the next story! Byeeee~~