Calm After The Storm

Next Day Morning
Dhasvan knocked at Siyara's Room door and asked "Yaara! Are you awake now?

"Hmm"

"May I come in?"

"Hmm"

(A chatty girl like her is quiet now. Unbelievable!)

Siyara was applying ointment on her wounds by seeing the Dresser's Mirror. Dhasvan slightly leaned against the Dresser.

"Can we talk?" asked Dhasvan in a polite tone.

"Talk if you want. No one is stopping you" said Siyara in a deadpan tone.

(Why did you ran into the fight yesterday? Why are you being like this now?)
"I ah... Is that scooter more worthy than our lives?

"Of course nothing is more valuable than a life but living a long life without anything to cherish is worse than living a short life by making tons of memories and collecting & protecting things which in someway or rather makes our lives beautiful & little better than before"

(If she's being philosophical means she's back to normal)
"Ok... Is that scooter is really that precious to you?"

"You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and everything was handed to you on a silver platter. So you wouldn't understand"

"Hey! Don't speak unless you don't know the full story. My dad wasn't that rich during my childhood"

"Whatever. This scooter is the first expensive thing I bought in my life. The story behind it may seem silly to you. During my childhood, I saw a drama put up by a drama crew in my orphanage. In that drama, a yellow scooter brought back a lost child & it's parents together. I kinda hoped that I'll be able to meet my parents at some point of my life and this scooter is a reminder that I can meet them someday if they were still alive"

(Whoa!)
"When did you had time to send SOS message to my dad?"

"It's an emergency feature in my phone which shoots SOS messages to the contacts I've chosen if I press power button 5times in a row. You, your dad & police helpline number are in my emergency list"

"Figures how police came right on time. Anyway you had fight training before?"

"I self-taught myself self-defense through online videos. Being an orphan was never easy and being a girl made it worse. No one will acknowledge a girl's true potential in this Patriarchy. I had to put my best in each and every stage of my life. I still get many comments like gold digger, blah blah blah; that too from an another woman. Men who wield the power, most of the time misuses them on defenseless women. 'Struggle for existence' and 'Survival of fittest' are the laws of nature after all"

(She's pretty good for a person who learnt fighting via videos)
"Maybe you should join some political party"

Siyara let out a scoffed laugh.

"You men will never understand. Anyway how did you feel when I ignored you yesterday?" asked Siyara in her normal bubbly tone.

"I didn't feel anything"

"Liar"

Dhasvan left her room without a reply.

(What a jerk! He's the actual reason behind this mess. If I've drove back home yesterday, we would have reached the home before sunset & not would have ran into those thugs) thought Siyara.