Chapter 5: Zombies? Really?

Turns out the 911 dispatcher that Lenjamin just called is fake

Turns out the 911 dispatcher that Lenjamin just called is fake. A chainsaw goes through the metal wall. "Go!" Dax grabs the map. And we run to a small part of the woods. "I'm telling you, there are rules you have to follow, like don't chant anything in Latin. Don't get naked. Never be alone with a doll, those kinds of things." Krill explains.

"These rules are ridiculous." Ashley comments. "Sam, do you have a spare hair tie?" I ask. "Yeah, here." She gives me one and I tie my hair up. "All right lets keep moving." "Wait a minute. Maybe we should double back and find a different route." Dax tells Lenjamin. "Double back? This is a straight shot. Oh wait. You don't think we'll wake the dead, you know? Like get attacked by zombies?" "Maybe. With the way Walsh is running this, we might." I tell him putting my jacket around my waist.

"Are you serious? You're right. We should be really respectful. Excuse me, sir or madam, I'm so sorry to tread on you forever resting place." Lenjamin then grabs a tombstone and breaks it. "Those are props! This is not a real graveyard, ok? Do you honestly think that Walsh wouldn't spring for real tombstones but went ahead and got a boatload of corpses from..God knows where you get corpses! And then he figured out a way to animate them. And then he buried them here in hopes that we would come tromping through and make a little too much noise, wake the dead, and get attacked by zombies." He rants on.

"Well, there's no such thing as zombies!" We all look around for anything to pop out. "What?" "It's just that's usually when something happens to you." "Like what?" "Zomb-" I got interrupted by a zombie grabbing onto Lenjamins junk. "Lenjamin!" Ashley calls out but Sam and I hold her back. They pull him down underground. "Fuck." Dax mutters. "Maybe he's ok." Then a small spout of blood came out. "Maybe not!" Dax exclaims.

I hear growling in the distance, then a bunch of zombies appear around us. "The cabin! Go!" Sam tells us. We run towards the cabin and past a box with a red flashing light. We get to the door and it's locked. "Hello! Help us!" Ashley yells in case anyone is inside. "I'm sorry! We're all full! I'm sorry there's no more room in here!" I push the others out the way and started kicking the lock.

"We have a- we have a pregnant woman in here. And, a, we have actually, we have two pregnant women in here and-" I get the door open, and it's Hinckley. "Barricade the door." I tell them. "I was trying to open the lock. The lock was kind of tricky." "He's gone! He was going to direct a rom com. I was going to be the rom!" "Dax! What do we do?" Sam asks. "How should I know? We're probably all dead. And not just did in our sleep dead, which is bad enough, but being eaten alive by zombies, screaming waiting for it to end dead."

"Hey, We need to figure out a plan." Sam says to Dax. "I don't know what to do. I don't know shit!" "Dax! All you know is shit! But that shit is of particular value right now! We have a dozen horror movies between us and surviving. Walsh is using every trope in the book." "Jesus, if I were a virgin I'd probably have a chance." Sam says. "So I'd be safe?" I ask. "You're a virgin?" Dax awkwardly asks me. "Not the point. No one knows these movies better than you. So we need to pull it together and help us get out of here." Sam tells Dax.

"Ok. Ok. Alright. So what are we dealing with here? Nothing outside was running, right? No Snyder's? Not Boyle's? Then we know how to kill them." "How?" Hinckley asks. We notice the floor being pounded. "Oh shit. If this goes all Evil Dead, I'm gonna pop!" A zombie arm grabs Krill and breaks through the wall. "Hit him in the head! Dax!" Krill yells. Dax grabs the hammer next to him and smashes the zombies head, making it fall to the ground. "A hit in the head takes them down."

"Wouldn't that kill anything?" Hinckley asks. "Sort of depends on the thing you're trying to kill." I answer him. Dax and Krill roll the zombie over onto it's back. I look around for any weapons or anything, and I find a machete. "Sam. Take this." "Thanks. Hunter are you ok?" "Yeah why?" "Your knee is bleeding." "I probably scraped it from the door." I get a bandage from Krills bag and put it on my knee. "Jesus!" We heard Krill groan. "Ah!" Dax quickly retracted his hand from the zombie. "These things are electrodes. Those things resurrect the dead. He's controlling them."

Then I remembered the box with the red light. "I think I know where the signals coming from. See out there? The red light. I'm pretty sure the signals from there." "Sam, Hunter, we will go out there. Krill, Ashley and Hinckley you guys stay in here." "Let's go." I tell them.