Eight

"Jay! Jaden! Please wake up!" I heard along with a ringing in my ears. I woke up from a sharp stinging feeling in my cheek. I took a deep breath in since the last thing remembered was not being able to breath. I sat up and immediately felt arms around me, I flinched at first then looked over to see Avani. "Oh my god thank you for not dying." She said relieved. I got up feeling really dizzy and put on my sweatpants. I grabbed Avani's hand and ran out of the house passing Thomas who was sitting in the living room.

We got in her car and Thomas walked out but Avani started the car and drove off. I leaned forward since it stung to lean back. "Umm, what just happened?" I jumped when I heard that from the backseat. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Josh said apologetically. "Jaden your neck!" Avani said shocked. "His back is worse." Josh added. "Jaden what happened to your sides?" Avani asked. "Alright enough, stop pointing shit out. I get it." I said slightly annoyed but just trying to hide my fear.

We got to Avani's house and went upstairs to the bathroom. Josh sat on the lid of the toilet and I stood with my hands on the counter while Avani got the first aid kit. She poured disinfectant on the cuts and I gripped the counter, "Fuck!" I yelled as she wiped them off and we went to her room. "I didn't realize you were gonna be here." I said to Josh walking into her room. "I'm sorry that came out rude, i'm not mad about it I just wasn't expecting it." I said anxiously. "It's okay Jaden, I understood." He said sitting in her desk chair.

"I'm sorry to both of y'all but I have had a really long day and Thomas wouldn't let me sleep so i'm taking a nap." I said walking by Vani kissing the top of her head.  I went and laid down on her bed on my stomach. I tried to fall asleep but I can't sleep alone unless I have completely exhausted myself. I laid there and tried to fall asleep. "I'm going to get food. You stay here with him, I already know what what he gets." She said to Josh I assume.

I continued to try and fall asleep with no luck. "Hey Josh?" I said quietly. "Yeah, you need something?" He asked looking over. "I'm sorry if this is weird and it's fine if you say no but I can't sleep alone." I said quietly and embarrassed. He nodded and walked over to the bed. He laid down and put his arm around me and I put my arms around his waist with my head on his chest. He started playing with my hair and I started thinking. I wonder if this would make Anthony angry. I don't mean it in an intimate way, I just can't sleep alone. Would it make Thomas mad? Whats he going to do next time I see him? I kept these thoughts circulating until I fell asleep.

"I don't know what happened I just know he was hurt and he was at Thomas's all day." I heard making me wake up. "What are you doing?" I asked seeing Avani pointing her camera at my back and sides. I immediately sat up and tried to cover myself up with my arms making sure at least my scar was covered up. "I promise I wasn't videoing you, Anthony wanted to see how bad your back was." Avani responded quickly.

"Still would have appreciated you asking." I said before looking at her phone to see Anthony on FaceTime. "Hey baby, can you tell me what happened?" Anthony said through the phone. "No... nothing happened, I fell into the mirror." I can't tell if he can tell that i'm lying. I just don't want Thomas to be in trouble. I probably can't hang here much longer without them figuring it out. I went to the bathroom and started texting Thomas.

Tommy❤️

Promise me if I come back
you won't hurt me again.

I promise... I'm so sorry
baby. I don't know why I
did it. I love you so much.

Come get me then.
And bring a sweatshirt.

Okay, be there soon.❤️

I came out of the bathroom when Thomas said he was here. "I got to go, thank you for coming to get me. And thank you for helping me sleep." I said walking out of the room. I heard them get up and come after me so I sped up going down the stairs and out the door. "Jaden where are you going?" I heard Avani yell after me. I just got in Thomas's car and waved. He gave me the sweatshirt and put it on as he drove away.