survived? bad ending

I wheezed hard when my eyes suddenly flew open. It was very noisy. I was having a hard time to see everything that was happening around me but one thing I knew for sure was that Jeongyeon's hand was still on my chest. Her limp body was still in my embrace although it would seem like she had fainted. I hope that she fainted.

Loud ringing sound was piercing through my ear when I finally registered Chan's and Felix's voices.

"This is all our fault," Felix said somberly, not pointing any finger towards anyone.

"Wha-what if we're too late." Chan was practically sobbing.

I felt someone's hands separated the two of us. I reached forward to hold Jeongyeon weakly but I got lifted onto a stretcher nonetheless. My eyes never left Jeongyeon's figure and I sighed in relief when she was being hauled onto a stretcher as well.

As soon as we went on the back of the ambulance, I fainted again and a few hours after that, I finally opened my eyes again. This time, I was in a hospital outfit in a brightly lit room. I squinted my eyes, trying to adjust to the lighting in the room. When I felt comfortable enough, my eyes roamed around and I spotted Moonbyul who was sitting on the couch.

When our eyes met, Moonbyul was already waiting for me as she stood up to approach me. She sat by the side of the bed and explained what had happened before I could even ask.

"You had surgery," She began.

My hand instantly went up to cover my chest right where Chaeyoung stabbed me. Moonbyul only looked at me softly before continuing, "It's pneumothorax. They did whatever they could but since you guys were rescued a bit late, the emergency measure didn't work. It put so much pressure on your heart that you had a cardiac arrest."

Moonbyul took her gaze away from me briefly before returning to look at me again. "You only have one lung now, Y/N. Your left lung had collapsed completely so they had it removed to avoid further health issues."

I only smiled in return. "Jeongyeon?"

She nudged her head to the right and I followed.

"She fell into a coma, they say she was in shock so badly. They had stabilised her blood flow but since she had lost too much blood, the oxygen-"

"-oxygen didn't reach her brain," I muttered, finishing Moonbyul's sentences.

"Jeongyeon my love, you're alive!" I thought with a loving smile in her direction.

Moonbyul only smiled too in response after seeing me smile at the sight of Jeongyeon. "Do you need anything?"

"I don't think so," I answered and Moonbyul returned to take a seat on the chair.

I used my hands to help boost me up so I could sit. My hands uncovering the blanket on my legs.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Byul asked alarmingly.

I merely chuckled. "Just wanna be close to Jeongie." My feet hit the cement and I wobbled but Moonbyul was already next to me holding me in place. She helped guide me towards Jeongyeon's bed. There was still some space on the bed so I scooted onto the bed, snuggling right next to Jeongyeon.

***

Chaeyoung went back to the warehouse later that day and was surprised to see that we were no longer there. This time, the older Chaeyoung was with her as well.

"What happened here?" The chipmunk frowned at the amount of blood on the floor.

"Umm," Chaeyoung mumbled. She doesn't know how to tell the other Chaeyoung. Sure she had stabbed someone before but she never actually killed them and pertaining to her own memory, she thought that this was the messiest she had ever been. Also, the chipmunk had never been there whenever she did these kinds of things except that one time when she stabbed Ryujin.