Chapter 2: Hello and Goodbye Little Sister

A/N: So I've decided to add my own bit of limitations on Whitelighters. We always see their healing having certain limitations (of course those ended up being ignored in later seasons). I've decided that rather than have that inconsistency hanging about I'd make some 'rules' on it that would basically limit the effects.

Please pay attention to the phrasing used!

1. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing the dead. Dead in this case meaning that the person's soul has fully left their body and passed on to their afterlife or been reborn. For instance a heart can stop but a person be revived, in this case they were revived because the soul did not pass on yet.

2. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing a demon as their inherent natures battle against each other making it impossible. This could be used to explain why Leo could only partially heal Cole due to his human half while the demon half didn't take to the healing but instead caused electrical sparking while Cole seemed to start seizing before the energy blew Leo away from him.

3. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing mental afflictions (mood disorders, personality disorders, etc.) if caused by natural causes. They can however fix damage caused by a demon such as hallucinations, curse damage and the like that may have made it seem as though they had such an affliction because they are removing the magic that caused it. This does not work for things like amnesia or when knowledge has been removed.

4. A Whitelighter is forbidden from healing illnesses and injuries brought on by anything that was not caused by evil. For instance, Leo could heal the small cut on Piper's finger because it was not naturally occurring but from something external (by ignoring the rule). Leo could heal Wyatt of a small fever because fevers are generally brought on by something lowering the immune system (in this case Leo worked around the rule because he could explain it to other W.L.s as the fever being brought on by stress from the constant demon attacks therefore being caused by evil).

5. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing something that occurs naturally or an injury that is blocked by anything. In this case Leo would be incapable of healing Piper's physical body of Oroya Fever but he could heal her through her soul which while not within her body had yet to pass on and so still maintained a connection to it. In this way Leo would have completely circumvented his inability to heal Piper's illness because he didn't heal her body but her soul and because of this his healing ability traveled through that small connection allowing it to work because, excuse my words here but, in a way it was 'blind'.

5. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing purposely self-inflicted wounds such as drunkenness, cutting, burning, and so on. This is due to the existence of free will.

6. A Whitelighter is incapable of healing animals and certain magical creatures (one for example would be mermaids) that hold a different physiology.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~