Chapter 46: Arcane Arts

"Okay, okay. That's enough. This teamwork thing clearly isn't working!", Katarina ruffled her long, pink hair in frustration.

It was true. The tournament was in two weeks and the Academies had allowed both teams to train privately in order to come up with a strategy that combined their greatest idividual strengths.

"Guys please.. We have to try", Lux tried to encourage them as she wiped some stray droplets of sweat off her forehead.

"You can try all you want Luxanna! I'm sure you don't mind being paired with your boyfriend", she gestured over to Ezreal. Him and Lux had been sparing together when they weren't target practising. Katarina huffed out. "I refuse to work with beyblade over here!", she shouted as Garen was swirling his huge sword around. He didn't even stop when he heard what she said.

"Well. Perhaps he lacks technique", Ezreal sniggered.

"Technique?", echoed Katarina irritated. "This guy is just spinning around! What are we supposed to do in the match? Let him twirl like a ballerina and hope the other team is dumb enough to go anywhere near a huge ass sword?", she grabbed a purple towel and placed it around the back of her neck.

Garen had finally let his sword down.

"Laugh all you want Katarina. My skillset hasn't failed me yet. And that's a fact", he responded in a calm voice.

"Skillse-", she let out a hysteric laugh. "You're the only one who calls it that. Trust me", she mocked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Calm down now.. Alright? All of us want to win. But. We NEED to do that as A TEAM. The rules were pretty clear", Lux chimed in assuming the role of the voice of reason amidst chaos.

"Why don't you do what you did in the duels? The flaming sword bit?", asked Katarina completely ignoring the light mage's words.

Garen and Ezreal exchanged a guilty look.

"That was a one time thing. I don't think I can do it again", he said defensively.

Katarina let out a grunt as she kicked down a target dummy filled with holes. Frustrated she walked out of the room with a Garen following suit.

"She'll come around", was all he said as he pushed the heavy gym door open.

Ezreal took a step closer to Lux with a sly smile plastered on his face.

"I guess.. that leaves just the two of us", he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer. His sapphire eyes shined with mischief.

Lux chuckled as she pretended to push him away.

"Now is not the time.. Jarro", she smirked as he leaned over her ear.

"I want you to call me by my name", he whispered and she could hear the smile on his lips.

"Are you insane?", she retorted playfully.

"Why not?", she could feel his hot breath against her neck. "No one's listening", he planted a small, tender kiss on her collarbone.

"Well, you can't know for sure", she said as his gauntleted fingers traced the line of her cheekbone.

"Come on..", he begged her. "Just do me this one teeny tiny favor.. I love hearing you say my name", he pouted his lips and gave her the puppy eyes.

"Flattery isn't gonna work", she teased putting up her long staff between their bodies.

"Gah.. You're such a prude", he said with a smile. "It kinda turns me on when you play it hard to get not gonna lie".