𝖎𝖎. Cherry Bomb

CHAPTER 02:CHERRY BOMB

CHAPTER 02:
CHERRY BOMB

🐇

     Taina wouldn't call herself a party person, but she sure did like an exciting outing. She only wishes it weren't with her buzzkill of an uncle. He's been nagging her for the last thirty minutes, claiming he was going to leave without her but how could he? That grumpy fool needs her to lure out this mysterious Jesse Rabbit. But if Taina were being completely honest, she isn't sure she'd be much help in that. From what she recalls, her attitude repeals people of the other sex, and it's even worse when she opens her mouth. Oh well, their loss. She's a catch.

     Mr. Maroon said Jesse sings at an underground club, so why not dress up. Taina wishes she owned more dresses, but she hates how they aren't long enough due to how tall she is. (She curses both her parents for giving her their genetics of being unnecessarily and awkwardly tall.) Taina opted for her multi-colored vest with a velvet like long sleeve turtleneck underneath (since the temperature dropped to the sixties for, like, no reason), black dress pants and her favorite black (expensive) two-inch heels. She tied her curly hair up in a half up half down style, and for her makeup she kept it natural looking with her favorite stud and small hoop earrings set.

     After one last loving look at herself in the mirror, she ripped open her bedroom door to find her uncle practically steaming from the ears. "Don't be such a drama queen, uncle," laughed Taina, brushing past him, and grabbing her sparkly gold clutch purse with a chain strap from the kitchen counter. She looks through it to make sure she has everything. "It takes time to look this good." She giggles again as she secures the bag on her shoulder and makes her way to the door.

     The car ride to the Ink and Paint Club was bearable. Well, it was more bearable when Taina turned the radio on, and she sang obnoxiously along to whomever it was. Eddie did not look the slightest bit amused.

     Her uncle had somehow gotten the address between the hours of meeting Maroon and now, so, instead of stopping in front of some flashy new club with neon signs, they parked down the street away from a sketchy location they were supposed to go undercover in. Taina followed her uncle off the main sidewalk and into an alleyway. Eddie stops in front of a nondescript building in a run-down factory area and knocked on the door.

     A speakeasy style peephole slides open as a voice asked, "Got the password?"

     "Walt sent me," said Eddie.

     The peephole slides closed and after a beat, the door swings open. Taina tries to conceal her unease. She's never done anything like this before.

     Behind the door is a toon gorilla, dressed in a tuxedo, and gives both a once over. Taina follows closely behind her uncle, looking completely guilty about nothing. She gingerly looks through the dim lit gray and brown room. So not sketchy. Is her uncle sure this is the right place?